« Back to Minutes

 

Minutes of the FULL COUNCIL MEETING held on Monday 2nd September

PRESENT: Cllrs Archer, Edwards, Flint, Minter, Oliver, Ridgley, Standage, Wright, Williams

Staff: Jo Wills, Liz Folley

 

Also in attendance: D/Cllr Lloyd

Apologies for absence: Cllrs Ashdown, Young, Gray, C/Cllr Matelot, D/Cllr White

Absent without apologies: Cllr Rowton-Lee

 

Declarations of Interest: None

 

Public Question Time: 8 members of the public were present.

A resident of Old Kiln Lakes spoke on behalf of a number of public present regarding their objections and concerns to a proposed skate park in Old Kiln Lakes – these objections included:

Is there evidence of a real need for this facility considering the past skate park issues and damage in other locations which has now been removed.

The area proposed should be quiet countryside and recreation area and fear this equipment would ruin a peaceful location.

Contrary to the CNHP open spaces

Access concerns.

Would like other areas considered.

 

District and County Councillors' Reports: D/Cllr Lloyd was present.

No written reports received from SODC or OCC due to the August break.

 

Minutes of the last meeting: Cllr Archer proposed to approve as a correct record the Minutes of the Full Council Meeting on 5th August, seconded by Cllr Minter. Cllr Williams signed.

 

Minutes of Committees: The following minutes were noted and will be ratified at the next relevant committee meeting. No comments or questions relating to them.

a) Finance and General Purposes Committee held on 12th August 2019

b) Planning Committee held on 19th August 2019

 

August Marquee events:

8.1 All events in the marquee have had very positive feedback and a few of the user groups have donated towards the costs.

8.2 Skate park – communications from the youth engagement event in the marquee were noted. This will be discussed at the next Environment meeting.

8.3 Youth Council – 5 interested from the youth engagement event in the marquee. This will be discussed at the next Environment meeting.

 

Climate Emergency

Following the environment working group meeting there were 3 options for consideration:

Declare a Climate Emergency and create an action plan to assess all current aspects of council activity in order to form a statement of intent and set targets for carbon reduction, this would involve a community consensus.

Cllr Oliver proposed to proceed with this option. Seconded by Cllr Standage.

Vote – 2 in favour, 5 against, 1 abstained.

Make a statement of support for the declaration of Climate Emergency made by the current Government and the SODC. Confirm the commitment of the Parish Council to conducting its activities in a green or environmentally friendly manner and present examples of actions that support this approach and engagement with other environmental groups active in Chinnor

No proposer for this option.

No support for a climate emergency declaration - this may be followed by a statement of a Council Green Policy which would be considered for all its activities and inspire future projects for environment benefit

Cllr Archer proposed to proceed with this option. Seconded by Cllr Ridgley.

Vote – 5 in favour, 2 against, 1 abstained.

The Parish Council will now proceed with option 3 and this will be discussed at the next Environment meeting.

 

Communications – To receive communications as the Clerk may wish to present.

10.1 Florence Nightingale AGM – 25th September at 7pm in Aylesbury will be attended by Cllr Standage.

10.2 Proposal from Cllr Archer to disband the F&GP committee in order that all finance matters be dealt with at Full Council. A full discussion was held. No seconder for this motion.

The Clerk informed Council that new Financial Regulations are now available so ours will be reviewed, along with the Terms of Reference for the committee.

10.3 Library – Asset of Community Value – SODC has rejected the renewal application as requirements for this registration have change and more information is required.

10.4 Pavements are for People – leaflets to be distributed on offending cars.

10.5 TVP witness appeal following more car break ins at Chinnor Hill. Request from residents for CPC to take action. CPC to request a meeting with TVP to start an action plan.

 

 

Chairman ___________________________________ Dated _________________________

pdf icon

Download PDF

( 34KB ) pdf icon