« Back to Minutes

CHINNOR PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of MEETING of the Finance and General Purposes Committee held on

Monday 30th January 2012

 

PRESENT: Cllrs. Ambridge, (in the chair) Bird, Haywood, Higgs, Lloyd, Mantle, Marlow, Pickard, Scarborough, Williams and Young.

APOLOGIES: Cllr Wright, Cllr Fowler

DECLARATION OF INTERESTS: Accounts for payment 10: Church grant: Cllr Haywood

 

Tony Wills gave a demonstration on the vehicle tracking device. At a cost of £250.00 per tracking unit plus £4.70 per month for each tracker. Tony Wills has been asked to submit an official quote.

Tony Wills also gave a demonstration on a wildlife camera for the Estover Way wildlife area.

At a cost of £450.00 for the unit. Tony Wills has been asked to submit an official quote.

 

FINANCIAL AND POLICY MATTERS.

FPM.1 Cllr Scarborough proposed to approve the budget update. Seconded by Cllr Pickard.

FPM.2 Cllr Lloyd proposed to approve the bank reconciliation. Seconded by Cllr Young.

FPM.3 Cllr Williams proposed to approve payments on Petty Cash and Imprest account. Seconded by Cllr Haywood. All in favour.

FPM.4 Cllr Haywood gave a report from the HR committee following this Cllr Lloyd proposed 2 tracking units be purchased, seconded by Cllr Marlow. All in favour.

FPM.5 The earlier demonstration of Wildlife camera for Estover Way wildlife area was discussed – it was agreed to wait and see what funding is available from the Beer festival Committee before deciding.

FPM.6 Quotes for plumbing work required at Hill Road Recreation pavilion were discussed – Cllr Bird proposed and seconded by Cllr Haywood  the quote from John Sear.

FPM.7 Quotes for Whites Field hedging works were discussed – Cllr Pickard proposed the quote from Paul Spittles. Seconded by Cllr Young. All in favour.

FPM.8 Update from Taylor Wimpey regarding foul water sewer works and payments made. The final settlement will be made on completion of the connection. It was agreed that the 15k should be posted to general funds for allocation to a suitable project at a later date.

FPM.9 Christmas lights –it was reported that 6 sets were found to be faulty and would need replacing  at a cost of £150.00 approx to. Proposal to purchase new lights  by Cllr Mantle. Seconded by Cllr Marlow. All in favour.

FPM.10 The price structure for bags sold in the Parish Council office was discussed as the purchase price from Gardening Delights is increasing in February 2012.  Prices to be increased from 1st April.

Food bags in packs of 52 and clear bags in packs of 20 and 5 and dog waste bags all to have an increase.

Proposed by Scarborough, seconded by Cllr Mantle. All in favour.

FPM.11 Update on the Tesco grant scheme emailed by Cllr Fowler. Noted.

FPM.12 Skate Park group are bidding for funding on 2nd February 2012 in Oxford – if they are successful the money will need to be spent by the end of this current financial year so the Skate Park Group will be chasing for an area – Cllr Pickard reported on a suggested area in the Playing Fields. Funds have already been raised by a Christmas Disco and Chocolate party also for the skate park fund. Details of the equipment required are still needed in the office for viewing and pricing up.

FPM.13 An update from the CPFMC re development was given – Cllr Bird reported on the completion of the project which is waiting for electrical sign off, once formally signed off then one set of the fencing can be removed. At the end of the football season the other set of fencing will be removed. The Hellenic League is not happy with the dug-outs – an email to confirm this to be sent to The Clerk.

It was reported that there is rubbish in the stands and currently this area is not being cleaned by the PC Staff. Football club to be reminded of their responsibility for the stands.

FPM.14 Quotes for new web site were discussed. Martyn Keen to be invited to meet The Clerk, Cllr Young and Cllr Bird to discuss this further.

 

GENERAL PURPOSES

GP.1 Local Government Boundary Comm. – electoral review of Oxfordshire – recommendations noted.

GP.2 Letter from a local resident regarding wheelchair access on pavements was discussed.  C/Cllr Wilmshurst is looking into all the area for dropped kerbs and areas in need of attention from the Locality Fund – C/Cllr Wilmshurst to report back soon.

GP.3 All proposals were discussed for the bus stops / shelters and litter bins in the village: Oakley Road, High Street x 2, Estover Way x 2, Lower Icknield Way, Lower Road x 2, Mill Lane, Station Road, Kiln Lakes Estate. A wooden shelter with bench on the new development will be the only wooden shelter – all others were discussed and agreed to be transparent shelters. It is hoped that a new bench will be purchased within this scheme to replace the one that was removed from Station Road/Church Lane junction. The Shelters and litter bins will be the Parish Council property.

GP.4 In House training was discussed – training on a Monday night for all the Council was a favoured suggestion at a cost of approximately £500. The Clerk to arrange.

GP.5 Cllr Lloyd to produce a report for the next Full Council meeting on a Flag for Chinnor.

GP.6 The Standing Orders were reviewed.

 

ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT

The following accounts were proposed for approval by Cllr Williams and seconded by Cllr Bird.

All in favour.

  1. British Gas – electric for S&SC                                                             1240.50
  2. M. R Collins – Storage shed fencing                                                       410.00
  3. John W Sear – Hill Road Rec leak repair                                                              50.00
  4. Npower – Office power                                                                                        33.84
  5. Thames Water – office supply                                                                 32.36
  6. Alan John Printers – newsletter insert                                                    180.00
  7. Chiltern Society membership – annual membership                                  25.00
  8. Turney Field force – vehicle repairs                                                       179.14
  9. Arval fuel – works vehicles                                                                    156.82
  10. Lawrence Landscapes – Church                                                                            82.80
  11. British Gas – Equipment store                                                                  61.41
  12. P.A Spittles – windmill                                                                           582.00
  13. DX Projects – website updates                                                                191.88
  14. Danwood Group – copier                                                                          90.00
  15. Gardening Delights – food caddy bags                                                     157.20
  16. Blanchfords – equipment                                                                          96.66
  17. Grundon Waste – waste wheelers empty                                                               86.84

 

 

CLERKS REPORT:

CR.1 The January 2012 Pump was discussed – the Pump was recalled after some had been distributed. A new Pump is being printed and will be now distributed early February.

The newsletter insert has been requested to be inserted again for free. It makes the newsletter date for August Bank Holiday replies very short – which is no fault of our own.

CR.2 A damage reported on the electrical wire outside the Coriander Leaf Indian Restaurant – The Grounsdmen did not cut the wire – to repair this wire would cost approx £250.00. The Council do not accept liability and cannot make payment for something not owned by the Council.

CR.3 Community Led Planning – Wednesday 1st February at 7.30pm. Approx 14 community members confirmed to attend. All Councillors requested to attend.

CR.4 CPRE AGM on Tuesday 6th March.

CR.5 Bunting for use on St Georges Day and other local celebrations – to be discussed at the next meeting.

CR.6 A structural Survey has been carried out on the S&SC – formal written report still pending.

A separate meeting to be arranged to discuss this report in full.

CR.7 The lighting on the MUGA is on during afternoon hours – the lighting installer and engineer to visit site and advise what has happened. It appears the push button is stuck so the lights on.

CR.8 The Community Shelter – the Bluetooth is faulty on the shelter – The Clerk to report.

 

 

CHAIRMAN

pdf icon

Download PDF

( 88KB ) pdf icon