CHINNOR PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of MEETING of the Finance and General Purposes Committee held on
Monday 29th October 2012
PRESENT: Cllr’s Nigel Ambridge (Chair), Steve Bird, Pat Haywood, Sara Higgs, Lynn Lloyd, Maxine Pickard (Vice chair), Mark Scarborough, Robin Williams, Martin Wright, Dave Young
APOLOGIES: Asst. Clerk Jo Wills
DECLARATION OF INTERESTS: None
FINANCIAL AND POLICY MATTERS.
FPM.1 Cllr Wright proposed to approve the budget update. Seconded by Cllr. Williams
FPM.2 Cllr Pickard proposed to approve the bank reconciliation. Seconded by Cllr Lloyd. It was agreed that the clerk should look for a 3month investment account for January when the current investment reaches maturity.
FPM.3 Cllr Lloyd proposed to approve payments on Petty Cash and Imprest account. Seconded by Cllr. Williams
FPM.4 Cllr Haywood proposed that the Bulk Payment limit is increased from £5000 to £6000. Seconded by Cllr Wright
FPM.5 Cllr. Ambridge informed the council that The Windmill team have now formalised their group with officers and a constitution in order that they can apply for grants. It was suggested that the windmill society writes to the council to inform them of their new way forward. Clerk to write to Anne Gordon and request formal confirmation.
FPM.6 To recommend an agreement is drawn up between the PC and Windmill Restoration Society – it was agreed to wait for correspondence from the society.
FPM.7 Proposal to postpone December F&GP Committee – all financial matters to be dealt with at the January Full Council meeting. Proposed by Cllr Young seconded by Cllr Haywood. It was agreed that Cllr. Scarborough would look at an alternative establishment for Christmas Social.
FPM.8 Cllr Wright proposed as from 1st January 2013 the F&GP, Environment & Assets committee are dissolved and that 2 full council meetings will be held each month. Seconded by Cllr Higgs
FPM.9 Memorandum of Understanding for partial funding of PCSO – 1st April 2013 to 31st March 2015Cllr Pickard gave a brief report on this document and pointed out there should be an amendment to cover absence. It was also noted that there were no costs for the 2nd year. Meeting to be held 26th November with Sgt. Hookham & Insp. Harding in order to investigate further.
FPM.10 Email from Alex Bond regarding proposed Sport and Social Club development – it was agreed that PCMS should go ahead with the further re-design work at the cost of £700 proposed by Cllr Bird seconded by Cllr Young
FPM.11 Letter of thanks and donation from Chinnor Flower and Produce Show
GP.1 Cllr. Bird Proposed to adopt the Complaints Procedure and Complaints form. Seconded by Cllr Young
GP.2 Proposed by Cllr Bird that the HR working group take on the role of complaints committee seconded by Cllr. Scarborough
GP.3 Email regarding two issues on the playing fields from the PFMC:
1) Sharp granite chips: it was proposed that the pc staff use a mechanical wacker-plate to make the stones more solid as a temporary measure until the ramp is re-located.
2) Increased amount of dog mess – it was proposed that the PFMC put more signage up to discourage dog owners. A template is available from PC.
ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT: The following accounts were approved for payment: Proposed by Cllr. Pickard seconded by Cllr. Lloyd.
- Fire Cover Ltd – office and machinery store extinguishers service £ 54.00
- Safe and Sound Playgrounds – gate spring for Conigre £ 170.40
- British Gas – gas for WFCH 31-3-12 to 2-10-12 £ 55.40
- British Gas – electric for HRR 1-9-12 to 30-9-12 £ 17.19
- Acorn Workshop – notice board for Old Kiln Lakes £ 375.00
- Layton Timber – see-saw wood repair £ 30.00
- TOE2 – energy audit £ 184.00
- Screw Fix – (Credit card) equipment for WF hedging project £ 210.12
- Mr Jarvis – Churchyard mowing £ 106.03
- MJS Electrical – Machinery store light £ 216.00
- George Browns – equipment £ 46.32
- British Gas – electric for Equipment store 30-6-12 to 30-9-12 £ 53.79
- BES Electric – office electric 15-9-12 to 15-10-12 £ 35.14
- E Folley – expenses £ 19.35
- Parrs – (Credit Card) Cycle racks £ 64.08
- Big Mower Company – mower hire £ 270.00
- Grundon waste – waste wheeler empties £ 71.16
- RBS – accounts software maintenance £ 264.00
- Wireless Logic – tracker £ 11.28
- Lyreco – stationery £ 16.20
- Thames Valley Police – Qtr 2 1-7-12 to 30-9-12 £4133.00
- BT – phone and broadband £ 393.15
- Helpful Hiring’s – equipment £ 152.96
( 84KB )