« Back to Minutes

 CHINNOR PARISH COUNCIL

Clerk:  Mrs. Liz Folley. Assistant Clerk: Mrs Jo Wills

Minutes of the FULL COUNCIL meeting dated 1st October 2012

 

PRESENT: Cllrs. Ambridge, Haywood (in the chair), Lloyd, Mantle, Pickard, Scarborough, Williams, Wright and Young.

ALSO PRESENT: C/Cllr Wilmshurst

 

 

  1. 1.  APOLOGIES: Cllr Marlow, D/Cllr Hood, Cllr Fowler, Cllr Bird, Cllr Higgs
  2. 2.  DECLARATION OF INTERESTS: Cllr Pickard – Additional Bills: RB Pickard

 

OPEN FORUM:  One member of public was present: Concerns were raised from the public present over recent bullying instances in the playing fields and park in Chinnor. Cllr Haywood suggested the Police are informed each time anti social behaviour is reported by the youths. The Council agreed to discuss the issue with Thames Valley Police Neighbourhood team – a date for a meeting to be arranged.  Another meeting, following an initial survey devised by the member of public present, to be arranged in approx 6 weeks. 

TVP and The Clerk to check the survey before it is sent in the Pump.

 

PCSO Jacky Madden was present at the meeting and gave an update report on local issues.

As attached in the minutes file.

C/Cllr Wilmshurst asked if the call rate had increased in the past 6months – PCSO Madden suggested statistics could be looked at on the TVP web site to look at past months figures.

PCSO Madden to write an article for the next Pump to remind everyone the number is 101.

 

  1. 3.  MINUTES: Minutes of Full council meeting dated 3rd September 2012 were proposed to be approved by

Cllr Lloyd and seconded by Cllr Pickard. All in favour. Signed by Cllr Haywood. Amendments and additions were made to the minutes – all agreed to the changes to be made.

 

5. CORRESPONDENCE:

1. A review of the Risk Assessment to be completed soon.

2 A possible training session to be held for the Business Network Group – for Facebook training. The Parish Council office would not be available for the training session if payment for the training is made.

3. Letter from Chinnor Community swimming pool thanking us for the marquee use in August. Noted.

4. Tree Preservation Order 10/2012 Sycamore Tree in the Playing Fields was reported.

Cllr Pickard was invited to a meeting with Alex Bond and the Tree Department representatives and Mr Wyatt from the Planning Department. Concerns were raised by local residents following submission of the plans which is why a TPO was requested. The Planning Application is currently on hold –the grant department have been contacted and providing the planning application can be resolved before Christmas the grant funding is still on track for consideration. A Statement of Fact to support the reasoning as to why the building has to be as proposed to be written by Alex Bond. Sport England to be contacted to see if any green space could be used and OCC Highways to be asked if the car park entrance could be relocated – Mr Wyatt to contact these two groups soon and report back to Alex Bond. If the answer to these questions is a no then this can be included in the statement of fact as to why the tree needs to be removed.

The Parish Council not to submit the letter of objection at this time.

5. Cllr Wright proposed to approve the quotes from Imperial Polythene Products re purchasing a years supply of personalised food waste and clear bags. Seconded by Cllr Young. All in favour.

 

6. REPORTS: The enclosed Committee reports to be adopted.

6. 1. Environment dated 10th September 2012 signed by Cllr Scarborough

6.1.1 OCC Highways to lay a surface along Hill Top Lane to try and improve the road condition.

6. 2. Planning Committee dated 10th September 2012 signed by Cllr Wright.

6. 3. F&GP dated 24th September 2012 signed by Cllr Ambridge.

6. 4. Community Project (New Pavilion) dated 11th and 25th September 2012 signed by Cllr Pickard.

Cllr Young has set up a link page from the CYFC web site to explain progress on the new building

The Pump article to be added to the notice board outside the S&SC.

 

 

6. 5. Additional Bills were proposed for approval by Cllr Williams and seconded by Cllr Young.

DX Projects – web site updates                                             £    30.00

ARC Agricultural engineers – hire of mower                          £  240.00

Arval fuel – 25-8-12 to 12-9-12                                             £  286.88

British Gas – Electric at Hill Road Rec                                  £    35.83

Lawrence Landscapes – St Andrews church                          £  110.40

Village Centre – Room hire 16-7-12                                       £    13.50

Village Centre – Room hire 19-7-12                                       £    16.00

AJ Heating – 2 x boiler service CPC and WFCH                   £  144.89

Festive Lighting – Christmas lights 3rd year                           £5187.60

R Pickard – cleaning CPC and WFCH                                    £    65.00

Wireless Logic – DD – trackers                                              £    11.28

Sow n Sow – flower beds                                                       £  270.00

OCC Pension fund                                                                  £1486.89

Post Office – CIR                                                                   £1568.72

Bulk Pay – salaries                                                                 £5259.86

E Folley – expenses                                                                £    49.50

 

 

 

7. REPORTS FROM DISTRICT AND COUNTY COUNCILLORS

As attached in the minutes file

 

 

8. OUTSIDE REPORTS FROM PARISH COUNCILLORS

As attached in the minutes file

C/Cllr Wilmshurst reported on a recent meeting with David Tole regarding proposed double yellow lines to aid the parking issues on Station Road – the view was to move the restriction lines away from the shops – the consultation is now complete and the residents to be advised of the agreed lines.

On Thame Road markings will be made for the bus stop by the Antique shop.

At present No Parking signage is not yet agreed. Restricted parking to be looked into by C/Cllr Wilmshurst.

Concerns were raised for customers of Generations as parking will be moved down outside the shop. If cars could be parked behind the shops it would assist customers but Silent View Windows large vehicles would not fit into the car park area.

C/Cllr Wilmshurst to look into the Planning Permission for the flats regarding parking agreements. 

Cllr Scarborough reported again his concerns over the barriers in the alley off of Oakley Road as they are a Health and Safety issue and dangerous as keep being moved down the alley. The Clerk to again contact OCC Highways and ask for these to be collected.

 

 

 

 

 

 

CHAIRMAN

pdf icon

Download PDF

( 99KB ) pdf icon