« Back to Minutes

CHINNOR PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of MEETING of the Finance and General Purposes Committee held on

Monday 26th November 2012

 

PRESENT: Cllr’s Nigel Ambridge (Chair), Steve Bird, Pat Haywood, Sara Higgs,

Lynn Lloyd, Maxine Pickard (Vice chair), Robin Williams, Martin Wright, Dave Young

 

APOLOGIES: None

ABSENT: Cllr Scarborough

 

DECLARATION OF INTERESTS:

Cllr Williams – re Royal British Legion poppy wreath donation.

Cllr Lloyd - re Royal British Legion poppy wreath donation.

 

 

Sergeant Hookham and Inspector Harling attended the meeting to discuss the Memorandum of Understanding for the Provision of Police Community Support Officer, Special Services.

The allocation of two PCSO’s (PCSO Madden and PCSO Jacques) were discussed.

As the Council are currently paying towards the cost of one PCSO we do get extra coverage of a PCSO which we would not ordinarily get. If the contributions stopped the Parish would only get allocation of one PCSO. It was reported that we often get both PCSO on shift in the Parish on an overlap shift so we do get good coverage.

Cllr Pickard detailed some points in the contract which would need to be removed including the length of contract. This to be dealt with direct with the head office department.

The Council were reassured that paying towards the cost a PCSO  means a lot more time is given in the Parish and this would continue.

Sergeant Hookham and Inspector Harling were very thankful for the continued support over the past years and were hopeful of a future working partnership.

 

FINANCIAL AND POLICY MATTERS.

FPM.1 Cllr Bird proposed to approve the budget update. Seconded by Cllr Haywood. All in favour

FPM.2 Cllr Lloyd proposed to approve the bank reconciliation. Seconded by Cllr Bird.

FPM.3 Cllr Wrights proposed to approve payments on Petty Cash seconded by Cllr Williams. FPM.4 The Memorandum of Understanding for the Provision of PCSO was discussed. It was agreed a one year contract was more favourable. Neighbouring Councils will be contacted to discuss their PCSO provision and how they feel it works.

Cllr Wright proposed the contract be discussed; as per the points forwarded by Cllr Pickard but in principal the PCSO partnership funding will be supported for the next financial year. Seconded by Cllr Pickard.

All in favour. Cllr Lloyd to contact SODC.

The new TVP Commissioner to be invited to the Village Showcase in March.

FPM.5 Report from Cllr Pickard, Bird and Haywood regarding the S&SC Building.

A meeting has recently been held to discuss options for the S&SC due to the Tree Preservation Order and likely refusal of the Planning Application due to this tree. Past approved plans to be reviewed and costings to be looked into. A re-design cost now would be approx £10,000.00 or SODC be approached and fight the existing plan refusal.

Cllr Haywood reported a recent discussion with the Chief Executive of SODC – a meeting has been arranged to discuss the issues which have arisen due to lack of detail from SODC prior to planning application submission. Funding shortages were discussed and concerns over putting more money into the design process. More information will follow after the next meeting.

FPM.6 Cllr Wright proposed to approve draft budget for 2013-2014 (Precept - £263,321.00 which is a 2.5% increase). Seconded by Cllr Young. All in favour

FPM.7 Cllr Pickard proposed to adopt revised Financial Regulations and Investment Policy – with amendments as discussed. Seconded by Cllr Young. All in favour.

 

GRANTS 2012-2013

G.1 Following the Grants working group meeting the following proposals are for approval:

            Royal British Legion   (Poppy Wreath)                                 £  50.00 – S137 account

            Senior Citizens Annual luncheon                                            £250.00

            Chinnor Rugby Club                                                               £100.00

            South and Vale Carers                                                 £200.00

            Chinnor Historical Society                                                     £250.00          

 

The Clerk to contact the following grant applicant to gain more detailed information before the application can be discussed: Chinnor Rifle and Pistol club            - requested grant of £6400.00

 

Proposed for acceptance by Cllr Wright, seconded by Cllr Higgs. All in favour.

 

 

GENERAL PURPOSES

GP.1 Electoral Review of South Oxfordshire – Draft Recommendations were discussed.

GP.2 The renting the small PC office to St Andrews church for the church administrator was discussed. Other alternative locations were discussed as some of the Councillors felt it was not appropriate to have the offices combined and the Landlord does not want more key holders to the building.

Cllr Wright proposed this discussion is not progressed. Seconded by Cllr Pickard.

Vote: 6 in favour, 1 abstained, 1 no comment.

 

 

ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT: The following accounts were proposed for approval by Cllr Williams and seconded by Cllr Young. All in favour.          

  1. Turney Groundforce – Brushcutter and Blower and Chainsaw                     £837.60
  2. Motec – rear plate for trailer                                                                          £    7.80
  3. Dong Energy – supply period in office Aug 12 to Oct 12                             £226.53
  4. Complete Tree Services – Van Diemens work                                               £  78.00
  5. Grundon Waste – waste wheeler empty                                                        £  71.48
  6. Big Mower Company – mower hire                                                               £270.00
  7. Complete Weed Control – supply and application of glyphosate                 £768.00
  8. Fire Cover Ltd – WFCH inspection                                                               £509.52
  9. Lawrence Landscapes – Church yard maintenance                                        £110.40

 

 

 

CLERKS REPORT

CR.1 The request from Aston Rowant for a better Broadband service was discussed and it was agreed that CPC would support.

CR.2 WFCH will have a structural survey and quotes for works will follow soon. It was agreed that Mike Dix will meet at the hall to show people around and get quotes for work.

 

pdf icon

Download PDF

( 78KB ) pdf icon