Minutes of the Full Council meeting Monday 18th February 2013
PRESENT: Cllrs. Ambridge, Bird, Fowler, Haywood (in the chair), Higgs, Lloyd, Mantle, Marlow, Scarborough, Williams, Wright and Young.
- Public Question time
Cllr Haywood welcomed two members of the public. The public present were discussing the possibility of purchasing the Black Boy public house to convert into 2 properties and develop the rear into 2 more properties. Cllr Haywood requested the new development has sufficient car parking and is not over developed. The proposal is to have parking at the rear of the current property. The complete feasibility has not yet been completed so definite numbers not yet confirmed. Cllr Lloyd requested that during building works all contractors would be parked off road – the development would be completed in phases to ease the pressure of vehicles.
The properties proposed would be 2/3 bed properties in the current building and 3 /4 bed properties to the rear. Change of use would need to be applied for and also pre-application advice.
In principle the development proposed was not objected by the Council – as long as it is sympathetic to the area, parking issues resolved and development vehicles controlled.
- Apologies: Cllr Pickard
- Declaration of Pecuniary Interest & Dispensations: None
- Minutes of previous meeting
04.02.13 – Full Council signed by Cllr Haywood
Cllr Ambridge reported on the financial report – it was suggested to invest £85,000.00 at the last meeting. Cllr Ambridge proposed to adjust the figure to £60,000.00. Seconded by Cllr Williams. All in favour. The minutes were signed with this amendment.
05.02.13 - Community Project signed by Cllr Bird
- Thames Valley Police Report: Report in the minutes file.
Cllr Haywood requested that PC Goodenough attend a meeting and report on issues.
- Environment – led by Cllr Scarborough
1. Play area reports by Cllr Fowler – it was suggested the equipment roofs be painted in green to brighten it up – a quote to be obtained. A few items of damage to wet pour areas were reported.
A post is missing at the top of the slide mound – a quote to be obtained to replace.
2. Update was given by Cllr Scarborough on a very positive site visit with Sovereign playgrounds – a quote and design to be sent for equipment plus surface for a new play area.
A meeting will take place at Old Kiln Lakes with Taylor Wimpey 9.30am 11th March to peg out the land the Parish Council will take ownership of. Cllr Scarborough, Pickard and Bird will be the working group, as agreed by the Council, to take this land ownership forward.
3. Playing Field railings: April / May contractor due. Noted.
4. Bus Stops and new bins / bench – update still due by OCC – no dates yet confirmed.
5. The eroded verge: entrance to Mill Lane car park was discussed. It was agreed that no further action was necessary but area to be monitored.
6. Date of meeting re Public Art at Old Kiln Lakes is confirmed as 1st March 2013.
7. Update was given by The Clerk regarding the S106 moneys allocated – once the land at Old Kiln Lakes is identified this will be looked at again.
- Planning – led by Cllr Wright
1. Planning Applications were considered:
P13/S0091/HH Single storey rear extension at 31 Lower Icknield Way. Letter from neighbour was considered.
Recommendation: Objection: un-neighbourly concerns regarding legal access.
P13/S0175/HH Take down existing garage at rear and attached utility. Construct single storey rear extension. Construct open porch at front. External alterations including new windows/doors and render existing brickwork at Druidston, Henton.
P13/S0177/FUL Replacement of existing mobile home with a new dwelling at Sunley Wood, Red Lane, Chinnor Hill.
P13/S0222/FUL Conversion of public house to four self contained flats with associated parking & communal gardens. Erection of a two storey and single storey extension, erection of infill extension front. Rendering of walls at 49 Lower Road
P12/S2997/HH Amended Plan for Manor Leys Henton OX39 4AE
2. Planning Permissions were noted:
P12/S2914/HH Conversion of the ground floor of existing detached garage to form a tack room and shower room at Ash Wain Cottage, Wainhill.
P12/S3108/HH Single storey front and rear extensions, garage conversion and change flat roof to pitched roof at 7 Greenwood Meadow
- Finance Report – led by Cllr Ambridge
- 1. All bills for payment were approved:
Post Office – CIR £1474.49
OCC Pension fund £1486.89
Bulk Payments – salaries £5099.48
Marshall Fleet Solutions – VC mini bus grant £ 269.40
Chilterns AONB – Cllr Lloyd course £ 18.00
Grundon Waste – waste wheeler collection Jan 2013 £ 86.84
Osbornes – Vehicle Insurance £ 980.50
OALC – Cllr Young course £ 72.00
St Andrews School – replacement cheque £ 65.00
Blanchfords – equipment £ 4.67
LSG – Machinery store alarm £ 211.20
Arval Fuel £ 178.69
Lloyds TSB – Commercial Card £ 78.79
BES – Office Gas – January 2013 £ 84.00
BES – office electric – 15-1-13 to 15-2-13 £ 39.07
2. Cllr Lloyd proposed to approve the budget update. Seconded by Cllr Scarborough.
3. Cllr Fowler proposed to approve the Bank Reconciliation. Seconded by Cllr Higgs.
4. Cllr Fowler proposed to approve payments from Petty Cash and Imprest. Seconded by Cllr Higgs. All in favour.
5. Village Centre request for £100.00 for Open Gardens was discussed. Due to insufficient sums in the current budget Cllr Haywood proposed a zero donation. Seconded by Cllr Scarborough. Vote: 2 abstained, 1 against.
6. A Grants sub-committee meeting to be arranged for May 2013.
7. Letter of thanks from Chinnor NHW. Noted.
8. Cllr Wright proposed to approve the RoSPA quote for skate park survey – HRR, seconded by Cllr Mantle.
9. Cllr Williams proposed to approve the full Complete Tree Services quote – Henton, seconded by Cllr Haywood. All in favour.
10. The allocation of SODC grant of £11805.92 was considered – an email from Cllr Pickard was read out. Cllr Wright proposed it is listed for Buildings and Property Maintenance fund seconded by Cllr Higgs.
- Verbal Reports and Feedback
1. Councillors outside meetings report – none listed
2. OCC report from C/Cllr Wilmshurst:
The funding for new proposed lines, pedestrian crossing and traffic calming at Station Road was discussed.
Parking on Thame Road is to be looked into – a meeting to be arranged.
Flooding issues on Station Road – drainage issues being passed on – the problem is due to an over full Well underneath the Crown Public House. Work to commence soon.
OCC Budgets this week – proposal from ruling group to increase 1.99%.
A donation from C/Cllr Wilmshurst of £2000.00 to the Youth Cub for interior works.
- General Purposes
- 1. Confirm the format of the Annual Showcase – 15-4-13
The Chinnor Buzz Group is interested in bringing 8-9 business tables to the Showcase.
It was agreed to do the annual reports in an A4 sheet format as a newsletter format.
- Clerks Report
1. A meeting re Community Project New Pavilion has been arranged for 11th March – 7.30pm.
2. Meeting re: Neighbourhood Plan/Core Strategy 5th March at 9.30am at SODC.
3. Bloor Homes requested a meeting with Parish Council re proposed development on Thame Road – approx 80 houses. A meeting to be arranged.
4. Taylor Wimpey requested a meeting with Parish Council re proposed development on fields behind Woodville / Glynswood – approx 80 houses. A meeting to be arranged.
5. Cllr Marlow is composing a reply to a complainant letter regarding the Carols on Christmas Eve.
6. The Clerk asked the Council to pass views and feedback by email on the new Council format trial. The meeting structures being reviewed in March so feedback required.
- Items for next agenda
1. Next meeting: Monday 4th March 2013 – 7.30pm.
( 107KB )