« Back to Minutes

 CHINNOR PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Full Council held on 5th March 2012

PRESENT: Cllrs. Ambridge, Bird, Fowler, Haywood (in the chair), Higgs, Lloyd, Mantle, Marlow, Pickard, Williams, Wright and Young.  Also present: C/Cllr Wilmshurst

 

  1. 1.  APOLOGIES: Cllr Scarborough, D/Cllr Hood
  2. 2.  DECLARATION OF INTERESTS: Cllr Pickard – Additional bills – RB Pickard

 

OPEN FORUM:  Two members of the community attended the meeting raising concern over parking issues especially on Malyns Close. Due to poor parking and parking on the service road a lot of the kerb stones have been damaged and the grass verges are damaged. The Clerk will contact PCSO Madden to report the parking issue and ask for suitable advice to be given.

 

  1. 3.  MINUTES: Minutes of Full council meeting dated 6th February 2012 were proposed for approval by

Cllr Pickard and seconded by Cllr Lloyd. Signed by Cllr Haywood.

3.1 The purchase of bunting was discussed: 200 metres required in total was agreed as red, white and blue triangles. Proposed by Cllr Wright and seconded by Cllr Ambridge. All in favour.

 

4. REPORTS: The enclosed Committee reports to be adopted.

4. 1Environment Committee dated 13th February 2012 was signed by Cllr Bird

4.2 Planning Committee dated 13th February 2012 signed by Cllr Wright

4.2.1 Cllr Bird reported on the ongoing quotes for new hedging on Whites Field edge. Councillors to all view the area ready for the Environment meeting on 12th March.

4.3 F&GP dated 2011 27th February 2012 signed by Cllr Ambridge:

4.3.1 Cllr Williams requested the discussion for the Sports and Social Club development be discussed in more details before it is ratified and agreed. Cllr Haywood explained that as this is our building we do have a commitment to the building and the future of the building. It will be discussed in full and detailing what type of building. Cllr Haywood explained something must be done for the building and at the moment a refurbishment does not look the best option, a new build is the preferred option, and more details will be discussed in full as and when plans are devised. The re-siting and management to be discussed fully.

It was agreed to sign off the F&GP minutes. The project is approx an 18 month project.

Proposed by Cllr Bird and seconded by Cllr Pickard.  11 in favour, 1 abstained.

4.3.2 Recommendation to engage a Project Manager for the S&SC development was discussed. Cllr Young gave a summary of the 3 Project Managers who were met and did a site visit of the building. All 3 project managers recommended a new build rather than a refurbishment; one did say a refurbishment could be arranged if needed to be. It was agreed to appoint PCMS (Mr Alex Bond) to manage the project.

A limit to spend £3000.00 up to the end of this current financial year.

Proposed by Cllr Ambridge and seconded by Cllr Wright. All in favour.

4.4 Additional Bills were approved for payment. Proposed by Cllr Lloyd and seconded by Cllr Marlow.

Bulk Payment                                                  4802.20

Bulk Payment                                                    173.27

Post Office Ltd – CIR                                      1474.57

OCC Pension fund                                            1398.22

SLCC – conference 2012                                     78.00

WM Nairn – sow n sow                                                  190.00

R Pickard – WFCH cleaning                                 90.00

Andrew Marsden – VAT meeting                         78.40

Robert Green – windmill                                     580.00

J Wills – expenses                                                19.20

Blanchfords – items                                             11.41

OALC – subscription                                        1064.75

Osborne’s Insurance – agricultural vehicles         823.45

Luminance Pro – repair MUGA light switch       120.00

Gardening Delights – food waste bags                 412.80

Liners, Bags and Sacks – clear bags                     175.27

E Folley – expenses                                             54.93

Anthony Parkin           - office                                                  250.00

5. Youth Club: extract from last Full Council meeting.... 7.2.2 The CIF grant for the youth club was not agreed and ratified, this to be deferred for agreement until a further meeting – proposed by Cllr Higgs and seconded by Cllr Williams. All in favour.

This was reviewed and the CIF discussed. Julie Marfleet addressed the Council regarding their requirements and a Lease option was discussed. Cllr Pickard asked about other grants which may be available – C/Cllr Wilmshurst explained the Big Society grant may be able to apply for again – the amounts available would be in excess of £10,000.00. Mike Dix and Julie Marfleet to investigate this option.

Cllr Williams reported about Youth UK who are a fund option and the Chinnor Youth Club would be suitable – Julie Marfleet will investigate.

The possibility of the Youth Club moving into the Sports and Social Club following the proposed re-build was discussed – if there are licensed premises that may not be the best option. Julie Marfleet confirmed that at present the best location for the youth club is the Whites Field Community Hall.

The preferred option is not to apply for a CIF for the Youth Club extension but leave that application for the Sports and Social Club proposed re-build.

Julie Marfleet to investigate other funding options and Cllr Haywood to discuss this in the S106 discussion.

Proposed by Cllr Wright, seconded by Cllr Young. All in favour.

If any further support can be offered by the Parish Council we would like to give full support.

 

 

6. REPORTS FROM DISTRICT AND COUNTY COUNCILLORS

D/Cllr Hood sent a brief report about the budgets – District Council spending has reduced by 2.5%.

The Clerk confirmed that D/Cllr Geoff Andrews has now moved from the village but has not yet resigned as District Councillor. On the SODC web site D/Cllr Andrews still shows as a Councillor for this area.

Cllr Haywood asked C/Cllr Wilmshurst to investigate the options we have to appoint a new D/Cllr.

C/Cllr Wilmshurst reported on the dial-a-ride service for the disabled or mobility impaired starting in the area which comes into operation on 1st April 2012.

 

 

7. OUTSIDE REPORTS FROM PARISH COUNCILLORS

Attached in the minutes file.

The skate park was discussed – the funding from the grant needs to be spent by 31st March but a location still needs to be agreed. It was agreed the Playing Fields location is still the preferred location for the skate park group. One piece of equipment is the current option.

The Clerk advised the criteria may not be satisfied to get the grant – everyone agreed that would be very disappointing for the Skate Park group.

It was agreed to obtain one piece of equipment for siting in the playing fields and use the grant awarded of £6000.00 plus the grant from the Parish Council. Proposed by Cllr Fowler, seconded by Cllr Marlow.

All in favour.

 

 

 

 

CHAIRMAN

pdf icon

Download PDF

( 111KB ) pdf icon