« Back to Minutes

CHINNOR PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of MEETING of the Environment Committee held on Monday 16th April 2012

 

PRESENT: Cllrs. Ambridge, Bird, Haywood, Higgs, Lloyd, Mantle (in the chair), Marlow, Pickard, Scarborough, Williams, Wright and Young.

APOLOGIES:  Cllr. Fowler, Cllr Marlow

DECLARATION OF INTERESTS:  None

 

PLAY AREAS

PA.1.Play Area reports – Cllr Fowler to forward the completed report soon.

 

PARISH IMPROVEMENTS

PI.1 OCC Locality Budget – weeding in kerbs, weed killing and missing kerb stones are all reported, aswell as Thame road pathway issues.

PI.2 SODC Deep Cleanse Programme to discuss this programme and identify areas of the parish in need. Request for meeting with SODC has been made. Biffa will be carrying out the clean.

PI.3 Whites Field, Mill Lane Hedging update from Cllr. Bird with regard to ground clearance – quotes are pending from Four Seasons, Sow n Sow has quoted over £4000.00 but details of the quote and quantity of trees does need to be clarified. The Clerk has a contact through the Greening Campaign who may offer assistance also. The removal of tree stumps also needs to be done.

PI.4 Cycle Path– Invitation to work with Peter Hetherington from Aston Rowant and neighbouring Parish’s to explore the feasibility of improving links/routes from the Oxford Tube through Lewknor, Aston Rowant, Sydenham & Chinnor up to the Phoenix Way.

Cllr Lynn Lloyd and Bryan Roebuck to attend any meetings.

 

OTHER MATTERS

OM.1 Estover Way – Wildlife Webcam The Parish Council approved and agreed to the terms & conditions set by OCC. All in favour.

OM.2 Middle Way – To note that a meeting has been held with the owner of the land situated behind the shops  - Cynthia (Community Officer at ONCF) to take a look at the area and give advice with a view to ‘Friends of Chinnor Wildlife’ helping with ongoing maintenance.

OM.3 Jubilee Celebrations Update on arrangements & plea for volunteers to be put in the Chinnor Pump. Cllr Young to look at the electrics.

OM.4 Chinnor Guide Photos for the front cover are being sent in and we are hoping the company will produce a front cover. The articles for the guide to be read through and approved asap though there are a large number of articles which will need reducing. All in agreement.

OM.5 Chinnor Works Angling Society – copy of letter that has been sent to Taylor Wimpey concerning the fishing lakes. Noted.

OM.6 Footpath Officer to recommend the approval of the Draft Business Plan – emailed 11/4/12

Cllr Pickard requested the funding requirements be more detailed with tools, signage and arrows.  . Cllr Pickard proposed the tools and equipment required be purchased by the Parish Council, Cllr Haywood seconded the proposal.

 

MAGAZINES AND PUBLICITY

MP.1 CPRE – Countryside Voice passed to Cllr Bird.

 

CLERKS REPORT

CR.1   Alan Brawn co-ordinated a community litter pick on 1st April on some of the footpaths and bridleways. A team of 16 volunteers took part and collected approximately 25 bin bags full of rubbish. Many thanks to all who helped and collected lots of litter.

 

 

 

CHAIRMAN

pdf icon

Download PDF

( 70KB ) pdf icon