« Back to Minutes

 CHINNOR PARISH COUNCIL

Clerk:  Mrs. Liz Folley. Assistant Clerk: Mrs Jo Wills

Minutes of the Full Council meeting held on 2nd April 2012

 

PRESENT: Cllrs. Bird, Fowler, Haywood (in the chair), Higgs, Lloyd, Mantle, Marlow, Pickard, Williams, Wright and Young     Also present: C/Cllr Wilmshurst, D/Cllr Hood

 

 

  1. 1.  APOLOGIES: Cllr Ambridge, Scarborough
  2. 2.  DECLARATION OF INTERESTS:

Cllr Lloyd – Additional bills for expenses, Cllr Pickard – additional bills – RB Pickard invoice

 

  1. 3.  OPEN FORUM:  15 minutes of public participation

No public were present

PC Mick Goodenough gave a brief update on crime in the Parish of Chinnor – in the past 6 months crime has been very low compared with other areas. 2 thefts have been reported of Catalytic convertors and some anti social behaviour including a very loud firework. In the surrounding villages a number of cars have been searched by thefts recently. From October the Thames Valley Police structure will change – more information will follow when known. Thame, Watlington and Chinnor will be one Neighbourhood Police area and one Police officer will always be on duty in this area.

Concerns were raised from The Clerk and Cllr Haywood about the annual cost of the PCSO and confirmation was requested from Sergeant Hookham that we will still receive more of PCSO Madden’s time and community knowledge.

 

  1. 4.  MINUTES: Minutes of Full council dated 5th March 2012 were approved and signed by Cllr Haywood

Proposed by Cllr Lloyd, seconded by Cllr Wright.

 

6. CORRESPONDENCE:

6.1 Letter from a resident regarding Planning Application Consultation criteria was discussed. The Clerk to reply to the letter explaining that we look at each Planning application in their own right.

6.2 Letter from resident regarding our comments on Planning Application P11/E2356 was discussed. The Clerk to reply to the email explaining that we look at each Planning application in their own right.

6.3 Mill Lane Joint User Hall Agreement was discussed and agreed. Cllr Wright proposed the agreement be accepted, Cllr Williams seconded. Vote – 9 in favour, 1 against.

6.4 Quote from Drayton Construction re surfacing of Whites Field car park was discussed. More quotes awaiting. Cllr Pickard proposed the best quote be awarded the contract, seconded by Cllr Mantle.

6.5 Invite to attend the Inter-denominational Service on 27th May at 3pm – all invited to attend.

6.6 Local business concerns over parking issues on Thame Road  due to vast number of cars being parked on Thame Road and this is now making business suffer. C/Cllr Wilmshurst reported that a bus parking area will be in front of the shops – C/Cllr Wilmshurst will arrange a site visit to look at the problem and request a parking restriction limit.

      

7. REPORTS: The enclosed Committee reports to be adopted.

7. 1.Environment Committee dated 12th March 2012 signed by Cllr Mantle

7.1.1 Re PA.2 toadstools were not approved or even liked at all. Cllr Fowler to approach Tesco re grant funding. Cllr Fowler and Cllr Higgs will have a new piece of play equipment in Conigre before the summer holidays 2012!

7. 2. Planning Committee dated 12th March 2012 signed by Cllr Wright

7. 3.Asset Committee dated 26th March 2012 signed by Cllr Lloyd

7.3.1 A quote from Simon Escreet has been received – approx costs would be £3000.00 plus legal costs.

A comparative quote to be obtained by The Clerk.

7.3.2 The £6000 for the skate park has been received and is banked. The location on the edge of the field seems a favourite location – the August marquee is being relocated this year anyway, future years to be discussed. Some advice to be sought on how deep the foundations need to be plus which way it should face. Proposed by Cllr Marlow, seconded by Cllr Bird. All in favour.

7. 4.F&GP dated 26th March 2012 signed by Cllr Pickard. Proposed by Cllr Wright, seconded by Cllr Bird.

The Councillors who received remuneration payments had declared an interest.

7.4.1 Cllr Bird reported on Mill Lane hedging – the cost will be approx £2000.00. It was agreed it was a bad time to plant anything as the Thames Water shortage and water ban starts on 5th April.

Cllr Bird to contact some contractors about removing rubble and clearing the mess.

To be discussed again at the next Environment meeting with groundwork costs.

Cllr Bird to look at completing part of the works soon.

7.4.2 Invoices received for CPFMC were discussed in full and detail.  Cllr Wright proposed we pay Upfields Developments £2832.00 for 2 invoices in total, seconded by Cllr Bird. All in favour. Cllr Young proposed the final invoice be paid totalling £2196.00, seconded by Cllr Bird. Vote: 7 in favour, 3 against

7.4.3 Reminder that all Annual reports are needed for Annual report document (A5 size) asap please.

Front cover design to be of the office with daffodils.

7.4.4 To review the quote from Sovereign for rubber toadstools. Already discussed.

7.4.5 Risk Assessments were discussed in full. The Clerk noted al changes from the review which need to be made to the Financial Risk Assessments as details by Cllr Pickard.

7.4.6 The Asset Register 2012 was discussed in full. Proposed by Cllr Pickard, seconded by Cllr Lloyd. All in favour.

 

7. 5.Additional Bills for approval:

NALC – annual subscription 2012                                £    15.50

Arval fuel – 8-3-12 – 19-3-12                                     £  174.67

Highlights Floodlighting – CPFMC                               £1080.00

St Andrews CofE School – Showcase hall hire               £    65.00

TVP – PCSO Q4 01-01-12 – 31-3-12                          £4133.00

G Browns – finishing mower                                         £2014.02

Wireless Logic – DD – Trackers                                  £    11.28

Richard Marshall – windmill grant                                £  861.58

G Browns – equipment                                                 £       9.49

Simon Griffiths – repair mower                                                £  137.50

Lynn Lloyd – expenses                                                            £     18.40

OCC Pension fund                                                        £1431.55

Post Office Ltd – Inland Revenue                                £1457.83

RB Pickard – WFCH cleaning                                      £  110.00

Proposed by Cllr Higgs, seconded by Cllr Williams. All in favour, 2 abstained due to declarations of interest

 

8. PLANNING CONSULTATIONS TO BE RATIFIED:  Decision to be made on the following:

P11/E2277 Proposed replacement dwelling, with demolition of the existing bungalow: reduction in formation levels; alterations to vehicle and pedestrian access; provision of garage, garden stores and greenhouse (as amended 14 March 2012) at 14 Keens Lane

CPC Recommendation: Approval

 

9. REPORTS FROM DISTRICT AND COUNTY COUNCILLORS

As attached in the minutes file.

D/Cllr Hood gave his apologies for the Showcase on 23rd April

D/Cllr Hood is in favour of the new District Councillor regime and new areas allocated.

The Clerk asked about the young families who have moved into the Old Kiln Lakes estate – D/Cllr Hood to investigate the support these young families need.

C/Cllr Wilmshurst reported on the unrest of the County due to more imminent redundancies.

C/Cllr Wilmshurst reported that more and more schools are becoming Academy Schools.

 

10. OUTSIDE REPORTS FROM PARISH COUNCILLORS

As attached in the minutes file 

 

 

CHAIRMAN

pdf icon

Download PDF

( 115KB ) pdf icon