CHINNOR PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of MEETING of the Finance & General Purposes Committee held Monday 30th July 12
PRESENT: Cllr’s Nigel Ambridge (Chair), Steve Bird, Pat Haywood, Sara Higgs, Lynn Lloyd, Maxine Pickard (Vice chair), Robin Williams, Martin Wright
APOLOGIES: Cllr Scarborough
ABSENT: Cllr Young
DECLARATION OF INTERESTS: Cllr Williams – FMP7 – Chairman of Village Hall
FINANCIAL AND POLICY MATTERS.
FPM.1 Cllr Pickard proposed to approve the budget update. Seconded by Cllr Wright
FPM.2 Cllr Wright proposed to approve the bank reconciliation. Seconded by Cllr Higgs.
FPM.3 Cllr Williams proposed to approve Petty Cash and Imprest account. Seconded by Cllr Pickard.
FPM.4 All utility bills to be made payable as of 1st September 2012 to CPFMC. Proposed by Cllr Haywood, seconded by Cllr Lloyd.
FPM.5 Quotes for repairs on Conigre play area equipment from Mr Martin Richardson were all approved including re-painting of the slide wall in a rainbow pattern. A quote for a new dog fouling sign to be sought. Proposed by Cllr Higgs, seconded by Cllr Williams.
FPM.6 Quotes for side office garden repairs were discussed – to be discussed again when the new budgets are discussed. Lease to be checked on responsibility issues.
FPM.7 Cllr Williams asked: What would the Parish Council, do if Village Community Hall assets (old or new), were unable to support themselves financially? The Council discussed the various hall benefits with Cllr Williams and hall re-builds past and present were discussed.
FPM.8 Different options from Lloyds TSB to add to our current account were discussed – Cllr Bird proposed a business charge card with a limit of £1000.00. Seconded by Cllr Pickard.
FPM.9 The Financial Regulations: Cllr Ambridge, Cllr Lloyd and Cllr Pickard to review.
GM.1 Rifle club car park extension – the club to contact the CPFMC directly.
GM.2 August marquee events:
- The location in the Playing Fields for the marquee, as previously agreed, was confirmed.
- Generator has been ordered – to be collected 21st August for 1 week hire
- Marquee being erected on 21st August – Cllr Bird to attend.
- Toilets are paid for and being delivered on 21st August - to be located near the water point.
- Banner to advertise marquee has been ordered
- Rota – Trevor to do daytime rota but evening put away - Jo to organise.
- Security – Stuart has been booked to be security for 1 week - £100 per night.
- Cllr Bird is applying for the Temporary Event Notice
ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT: The following accounts were approved for payment:
- Arval Fuel – 25-6-12 to 11-7-12 £ 183.46
- Mrs E Folley – Credit card – screw fix lock, Trevor mobile £ 48.92
- Public works loan board – village hall loan £6502.13
- British Gas – Electric for Hill Road Rec – actual readings 31/3 – 30/5 £ 44.28
- British Gas – Electric for S&SC – actual readings 31/5 – 30/6 £829.22CR
- British Gas – Electric for equipment store – actual readings 31/3 – 30/6 £ 48.56
- British Gas – Electric for WFCH – actual readings 31/3 – 30/6 £ 371.73
- Safe and Sound – Conigre repairs £ 612.00
- BES – Electric for office from 15-6-12 to 15-7-12 £ 37.84
- Lawrence Landscapes – St Andrew’s Church June maintenance £ 110.40
- Grundon waste – waste wheelers empty up to 30-6-12 £ 71.16
- Blanchfords – taps for office toilets £ 11.99
- Turney Group – equipment / parts £ 14.69
- Gardening Delights – food waste bags £ 154.80
- Thames Valley Police – PCSO part funding 1-4-12 to 30-6-12 £4133.00
- Mrs E Folley – Credit Card – Kindle motors Iveco recovery £ 250.00
( 87KB )