« Back to Minutes


Minutes of the Meeting of the ENVIRONMENT COMMITTEE held in the PARISH CHAMBER, COMMUNITY PAVILION, STATION ROAD, CHINNOR on Monday 26th February 2018

PRESENT: Cllr Ashdown, Haywood, Higgs, Watson, Wright, Williams, Standage

Staff: Liz Folley, Jo Wills


Apologies for absence - Cllr Ridgley

Declarations of Interest – None

Public Question Time – No public were present


Chinnor Open Spaces

4.1 Update was given by Cllr Ashdown following SODC meeting with Oasis re Old Kiln lakes open space and future of the area – full report in the minutes file.

4.2 Three new Trees are now planted – thank you to Greening Chinnor – sadly reported that one has been damaged a few times – a framework to be investigated and tree monitored daily.

4.3 Accessibility to the Playing Fields was discussed. The Groundsmen team to look at way for making the Benton Drive access more accessible for wheelchair users.



5.1 Awards Night – Launch – 26th March at the Pavilion – 8pm

Posters – have been distributed around the village

Leaflets – volunteers to attend various organisation meetings to promote launch night

Advertising the event – Cllr Ashdown to meet with U3A and Village Hall, Cllr Haywood to contact Chinnor Guides, Cllr Higgs to contact Chinnor Cubs and Scouts, Cllr Wright o distribute leaflets on Village Centre tables next week.

Banners – Cllr Ridgley has ordered 2 banners.

Event sponsors – Two confirmed local business and one builder agreed to sponsor the event – figures to be finalised and more sponsors to be encouraged.

Nomination forms – Cllr Ridgley to complete forms this week.

Cost of trophy's – Cllr Higgs to investigate options

Award Committee – David Deval has agreed, Cllr Higgs to contact Mrs Mashru

Launch night - 26th March Annual Assembly evening – set up from 7pm – start time 8pm. Agenda was agreed and speakers being C/Cllr Matelot and D/Cllr White/Lloyd

Marquee event - Tuesday 21st August – set up from 6pm and start time 7.30pm –

Cllr Higgs to ask Chinnor Silver Band if they can play at the event, Cllr Higgs to obtain catering costs for provision of canapés and Champagne..

Cllr Higgs and Cllr Wright to write full descriptions for each award.


Other Matters

Friends of the Ridgeway – AGM – 22nd April – noted.

Management of Speed Watch Equipment – The Clerk to contact TVP regarding information. It was agreed to charge local communities £25 per day for use of equipment – The Clerk to write up terms and conditions of usage to be signed by each hirer including provision of their own Public Liability insurance.Cllr Ashdown and Cllr Williams to look at and test the equipment. The Clerk to arrange a training session with TVP.

White's Field Car Park – it was agreed to investigate CCTV options rather than daily gate locking. Signage to be put up warning people of CCTV.

Christmas Tree location was discussed – Cllr Watson to visit Duo Chef to discuss the new re-enforced base which is needed if the tree to remain in the location. The Clerk to investigate road closure rules and costings. To be discussed again.



CHAIRMAN ____________________________________________ DATED _________________

pdf icon

Download PDF

( 34KB ) pdf icon