« Back to Minutes

PRESENT: Cllr Ashdown, Edwards, Haywood, Higgs, Ridgley, Wright, Williams

Staff: Liz Folley, Jo Wills

Minutes of the Meeting of the ENVIRONMENT COMMITTEE held on Monday 24th September 2018

Apologies for absence: Cllr Standage

 

Proposal: Cllr Sharon Edwards to join the Environment Committee – proposed by Cllr Wright and seconded by Cllr Williams – all in favour.

 

Co-option of temporary committee members to be agreed: None

Declarations of Interest: None

Public Question Time: No public were present

 

Chinnor Open Spaces

6.1 Groundsmen to begin play area minor repair works as soon as possible.

6.2 Cllr Ridgley expressed concerns over current increase of drugs in the village – it is recommended that all sightings get reported direct to TVP via 101 or online reporting system.

6.3 Speed watch – CPC to continue using the machine to get used to it – more sessions to be arranged soon. A rota to be discussed for speed watch sessions at the next Env meeting.

6.4 RBL Silhouettes – Cllr Williams proposed to order two, seconded by Cllr Haywood – all in favour –developers have offered financial support for these already.

6.6 Update on request for more litter bins for the village – a full survey of village litter bins is underway – the damaged one is to be replaced at St Andrews Road alley and the base of the bin in Mill Lane to be repaired and straightened. Ongoing project.

6.7 BCC consultation for closure of Bledlow Recycle Centre from April 2019 – CPC to respond to the consultation to express the disappointment of our residents – fully sympathise with the situation but would prefer for the facility to remain open.

Cllr Ashdown to write a statement regarding waste and what happens to it – this is to explain to residents the systems.

 

Events for CPC to attend:

7.1 Chinnor Action on Plastic – Lets Talk Rubbish – 2nd October at 7.30pm in the Pavilion

7.2 Chinnor FoTE - Autumn Green Fayre – Thame Town Hall on 6th October from 10am

7.3 OCC Highway depot open days – 6th October in Abingdon

 

Other Matters

8.1 Christmas 2018 – Cllr Haywood proposed to cancel the idea for a smaller tree at Keens Lane due to increasing costs, seconded by Cllr Edwards. The order of a 15ft tree for the Pavilion to be confirmed and a suitable location for the tree to be looked into.

8.2 Public Art – ideas to be discussed at the next Env meeting.

8.3 Youth Club – a committee meeting to be arranged to discuss the club activities and finances as a general update.

8.4 – next agenda item – history of Chinnor website.

 

 

CHAIRMAN _____________________________________ DATED ________________

pdf icon

Download PDF

( 34KB ) pdf icon