« Back to Minutes

PRESENT: Cllr Ashdown, Haywood, Higgs, Ridgley, Standage, Wright

Minutes of the Meeting of the ENVIRONMENT COMMITTEE held in the PARISH CHAMBER, COMMUNITY PAVILION, STATION ROAD, CHINNOR on Monday 25th June 2018 at 8pm

Apologies for absence: Cllr Williams

Co-option of temporary committee members to be agreed: None

Declarations of Interest – None

 

Public Question Time – No public were present

 

Chinnor Open Spaces

5.1 Skateboard Ramp – F&GP agreed to necessary repairs but consideration to be given to its future and re-location to be considered – repairs to be arranged and usage will be monitored.

5.2 White's Field – confirmation that CCTV has been updated and relevant signage renewed.

5.3 Chinnor Burial Ground – Following site visits it was agreed that Cllr Haywood to organise Community pay back team to start works on clearance of an area. The Clerk to instruct the maintenance staff to also assist with strimming overgrown areas . Updates to be given in August.

5.4 Bench at Doveleat – John Gordon will purchase a bench in memory of his late wife Anne.

5.5 Site consideration for WW1 bench was discussed. It was agreed to purchase a bench through art project funding and for it to be located on the Station Road grass verge area – alongside the proposed planters and herb garden.

5.6 It was agreed for a small area of grass to be dug adjacent to the memorial at Henton for planting of a peace rose.

 

Events

6.1 Awards Night –21st August 2018 – Marquee event

Update on amount of nominations forms returned – 86 returned – invites to be sent.

Select Committee to meet 12th July to agree winners – 7.30pm in Chambers

Programme and plan for evening was agreed – to be printed by the office.

Photographer – Ian White has agreed.

PA – Cllr Ridgley agreed to supply.

Entertainment / Food / drink / glasses – Cllr Higgs and Standage coordinating

Trophies have arrived.

Budget – all approved – remainder of money to be spent on drink and canapés

 

6.2 August Bank Holiday Marquee Events

Update on events planned – only two gaps to fill.

TEN applied for by Cllr Ridgley

Overnight Security has been organised by Cllr Higgs

 

Other Matters

7.1 Christmas tree –poll and comments were reviewed. The Clerk to contact Dr Hood regarding continuing in a new location. Environment committee to propose for event to be relocated to Pavilion – to be discussed at Full Council meeting.

7.2 Chinnor Guide – Deadline end of week for delivery to be end of July.

7.3 Speedwatch – volunteers to be trained and equipment to be used soon.

7.4 Report in minutes file from Cllr Ashdown on recent meeting about Green Living Plan.

 

 

CHAIRMAN ___________________________________________ DATED ____________

pdf icon

Download PDF

( 34KB ) pdf icon