« Back to Minutes

PRESENT: Cllr Ashdown, Edwards, Haywood, Higgs, Standage, Wright, Williams

Minutes of the Meeting of the ENVIRONMENT COMMITTEE held on Monday 28th January 2019

 

Apologies for absence: Cllr Ridgley

Co-option of temporary committee members to be agreed: None

Declarations of Interest: None

 

Public Question Time: 1 member of the public was present

Lord Williams School – Community day held on 22-01-19 – thank you to Cllr Flint, Cllr Standage, Cllr Ashdown and Maureen Dyroff for attending.

A full report was given on the event and the successful morning spent with year 8 students.

Cllr Standage to contact the SODC representative to arrange a meeting to discuss a potential Youth Council for the Parish.

The Environment Committee to look into options for a skate park in a better location than it is currently situated.

Also a link to the Phoenix Trail in Chinnor was suggested – this has been looked into before but options will again be investigated.

 

Chinnor Open Spaces

5.1 Silver Birch tree in Playing Fields has been replaced – thank you to Greening Chinnor.

5.2 Centenary whips planted by Playing Fields fence – thank you to Greening Chinnor.

5.3 SODC Deep Clean – to commence 6th Feb 2019 on Thame Road pathway.

5.4 Keens Lane – Cllr Higgs to contact Duo Chef about the garden – Relocation of CPC notice board to be reviewed and discussed at next Env meeting.

5.5 Cllr Higgs proposed for the maintenance team to prepare the land on Oakley Road for "bee bomb" planting by a resident. Seconded by Cllr Edwards. All in favour.

 

Chinnor Allotments

Cllr Ashdown gave a full report, following site visit, regarding the fencing for perimeter of allotments. Cllr Haywood proposed that all old and damaged chain link fencing to be removed but the posts remain for boundary determination. This will enable the overgrowth between boundary's to be cleared away and the area tidied up. It was also proposed by Cllr Haywood to obtain quotes for ne chain link fence along Cherry Tree edge of allotment rea. All residents to be notified that new fencing is being looked into and no gate access from rear gardens to the allotment area are allowed. Seconded by Cllr Higgs. All in favour.

For information - CAGA planning to demolish shed and replace with a new one. CAGA are hoping to obtain S106 monies specifically designated for allotments to be used towards this project. More details are needed.

 

Conigre Play Area

7.1 Resurface project – grants applied for – waiting to hear on grant outcome.

 

Footpaths - Chinnor Parish

8.1 Email sent from footpath wardens regarding footpaths, gates and stiles was discussed. Grants to be suggested for applying too for the monies needed.

 

Green issues in the Parish

9.1 Green Chinnor Plan – to be discussed at Full Council.

9.2 Donkey Orchard – work parties – 9th Feb, 12th Feb, 13th Feb – Cllr Standage attending.

9.3 Memorandum of Understanding was proposed for approval by Cllr Edwards and seconded by Cllr Haywood and signed by Cllr Williams.

 

Henton

10.1 Tree at Kynama – following more information being obtained and resident complaints Cllr Higgs proposed the decision now be reversed and the tree not felled. BT are responsible for maintaining the cables. Seconded by Cllr Haywood. All in favour.

10.2 A meeting will be scheduled soon with Thames Water regarding tankers in Henton.

 

Whites Field Community Hall

11.1 Cllr Edwards reported on the Youth Club – all progressing well.

11.2 To confirm CYFC six a side is on 17-19 May 2019

11.3 The Clerk to review the costings of cleaning of WFCH

 

Annual Assembly 2019

12.1 Date for assembly is 2nd April 2019 – format to be a party for the election term coming to an end and promoting new elections.

12.2 Annual Reports from all Committee Chairman – deadline 1st March 2019

 

August Marquee 2019

13.1 Traditional marquee booked for 20th to 27th August 2019 - £4228 plus VAT

13.2 Applications now open – one received to date – The Clerk to look at decision criteria for applications when submitted.

 

Other Matters

14.1 Christmas 2019 – contractor meeting for new quote – 10am on 13th Feb 2019.

14.3 Offer from resident to purchase a bin for the Ridgeway was discussed – emptying of the bin is an ongoing problem but it was suggested for new signage by the Conservation Board – this to be requested.

14.4 Work to garden next to the War Memorial, High Street has commenced – the railing fence under the old hedge is damaged – the Clerk to obtain a quote for repair before a new hedge is planted.

14.5 Churchyard at St. Andrews – Cllr Haywood updated on the current situation of the graveyard burial area almost being full. The Clerk to arrange a meeting with all groups concerned to discuss options for the future. A postcode search on a new piece of land to be initiated soon.

 

 

Chairman ___________________________________________ Dated _________________

pdf icon

Download PDF

( 34KB ) pdf icon