« Back to Minutes

PRESENT: Cllr Ashdown, Edwards, Haywood, Higgs, Ridgley, Standage, Wright, Williams

Minutes of a Meeting of the ENVIRONMENT COMMITTEE held on Monday 29th April 2019

Prior to the start of the Environment Committee Meeting Councillors met with Mr John Ashfield, Chairman of Friends of the Chinnor Library.

Mr Ashfield reported on concerns over the CIL and S106 monies for Chinnor Library. Improvement would like to be made to the library which include moveable book shelves, toile blocks being replaced and other smaller works.

CPC fully support the Chinnor Library in their efforts to improve such an important facility. The Clerk will investigate the detailed spend listed on the CIL sheet and Mr Ashfield to contact C/Cllr Janet Matelot to arrange a meeting to discuss how to progress forward.

All details to be discussed at Full Council.


Apologies for absence: None

Co-option of temporary committee members to be agreed: None

Declarations of Interest: None

Public Question Time: No public were present.


Chinnor – General issues for discussion

Speeding concerns were discussed following a concerned resident reporting this at the

CPC open event recently held. The Clerk to look at the speed watch equipment being used more often. The Clerk to also look into 50mph sign which should be moved on Thame Road, Oakley Road speed camera to be reinstated, pinch points to be investigated and yellow lines on Station Road which were suggested months ago.

Bus service provision to be investigated further with OCC as to the new routes offered due to the CIL monies allocated.


Conigre Play Area

6.1 Resurface project on Conigre play area to begin on 7th May 2019 and should take approx. 2 weeks. The area will be closed with security fencing during the resurface.


Old Kiln Lakes

Open space area – Cllr Haywood expressed concerns over the open spaces in Old Kiln Lakes. The Clerk advised that quotes are being obtained for the tarmac driveway and car park and also completion of the sports pitch.

The existing skate ramp on Hill Road Rec has now been removed. Locations for a new skate ramp were discussed. A meeting has been arranged to view a potential site on Old Kiln Lakes. Due to information and advice being sought from Oxfordshire Playing Fields Association, Whites Field has been discounted as an area due to distance from houses.



8.1 Replacement fencing to being in June 2019 following completion of clearance by end of May. A work party has been arranged for 4th May 2019.


Whites Field Community Hall

9.1 Youth Club – the Clerk to arrange a management meeting.

9.2 Reminder - CYFC six a side is on 17-19 May 2019

9.3 Cleaning of WFCH to continue to be monitored.

9.4 The Windmill Café will be open over the summer months from Wednesday to Sunday.


Other Matters

10.1 To confirm a new litter bin is now on The Ridgeway and being cleared by Biffa.

10.2 Launch of Youth Council – Cllr Standage reported on progress – a meeting to be arranged to discuss moving the launch event on.

10.3 A new MUGA panel will be fitted on 1st May, following a damaged panel being discovered.

10.4 Chinnor Allotments are now fully allocated with a waiting list.

pdf icon

Download PDF

( 34KB ) pdf icon