Minutes of the Finance and General Purposes Committee held on Monday 16th November 2020
PRESENT: Cllr Flint (Chair), Edwards, Gray, Minter, Wright, Williams.
Staff: Liz Folley, Jo Wills
1. Apologies for absence: Cllr Young
2. Councillors Declaration of Pecuniary Interest & Dispensations: None
3. Public Question time: 1 member of the public was present and spoke regarding these points:
• Grants – fully support funding towards St. Andrews Church if allowed under CPC rules.
• Request for a large project to be funded from reserves.
• EV Charge points – fully support these and disappointed that CPC are not initiating this project quicker as it is in the Environmental Policy.
4. To approve the minutes of the Finance Committee: 19th October 2020
Proposed by Cllr Williams and seconded by Cllr Wright. All in favour.
5. Monthly Finance Reports were approved:
Bank Statements – Oct – proposed by Cllr Minter and seconded by Cllr Edwards. All in favour.
Petty Cash – Cash Book Oct – proposed by Cllr Wright and seconded by Cllr Gray. All in favour
Budget Update Oct – proposed by Cllr Williams and seconded by Cllr Minter. All in favour.
Update on CIL payments received to date – The Clerk reported that £324,010.00 received to date.
6. Budget Forecast for 2021-2022
6.1 Budget for 2021-2022 – to include bins, more tree works required and EV points. Draft budgets to be discussed December and for approval by Full Council in January.
6.2 Article in the next Pump and newsletter / FB etc. end of November. Noted.
7. These payments were approved by Cllr Williams and seconded by Cllr Minter. All in favour.
HMRC – Tax & NI 2494.66
Bulk Pay – Salaries 7174.60
OCC Pensions – Contributions 2573.41
Prudential – AVC Contributions 150.00
Fire Cover Ltd – PAT test and lights WFCH 303.00
ABS Security – New CCTV materials 6000.00 (CCP paying half as agrred)
Complete Tree Services 714.00
Microshade – IT services 125.88
Clarity Copiers – Photocopying 53.85
Farol – Tyre 222.00
SLCC – annual conference 90.00
Scoop Dotty Dog – dog bin empty 132.00
Lamps and Tubes – festive lighting 1584.00
OALC – 2 x training courses 120.00
St Andrews Luncheon Club – Grant 350.00
Grindforce – stump grinding 144.00
Brian Regler – Lease Registration 40.00
AMF Electrical – Replace Light Panel @ WF 72.14
Chinnor Pump – Environment policy insert 100.00
The following payments were approved for payment by Direct Debit:
Lloyds Charge Card 212.56
Arval Fuel 26-10-20 25.81
Arval Fuel 16-10-20 to 25-9-20 128.82
BNP – rental of copier 05-11-20 to 04-02-21 146.11
8. Contracts / Quotations - None to review
9. Grant Requests – November 2020
- Community Pavilion Christmas event No £1000.00 None This event will not go ahead due to covid restrictions.
- Ladybird Preschool - To purchase balance bikes, trikes, scooters and helmets plus playground paint £527.77
- St Andrews Church Purchase equipment to livestream services schools / community CPC do not have the legal power to fund.
- Red Kite Family Centre For a Monday session in Chinnor £1000.00
- 1St Chinnor Scout Group Purchase of new tents £1000.00
- Chinnor Short Mat Bowls Hall hire for sessions £841.00
- Community Garden Purchase of benches and planter £1000.00
• Good Neighbour Scheme is supported we pay the phone bill and offer admin support.
• Chinnor Youth Club is supported with admin and youth worker salaries.
• Village Centre has an annual grant in place for the mini bus of £500.00
• Churchyard – CPC staff mow and strim fortnightly during cutting season
• CPC mows and maintains the Playing Fields
• CYFC maintains the pitches at WF and has full use of changing room end – no rental charged
• Outstanding funding to support the walk leaflets still pending - £735.00
10. Other Communications and General Purposes:
10.1 Website – update from Cllr Gray was given regarding current traffic on our website. A full report will be submitted for review at the next Full Council meeting and full agreement made at the next F&GP Committee.
10.2 Update on HR matters and Covid staff working – office remains closed and staff all working from home or essential jobs. Letter regarding social distancing in the play areas was discussed – new signage to be erected as a reminder but agreed that hand sanitiser will not be supplied in open spaces.
10.3 To advise of volunteer working day – 18th November – noted.
10.4 Request for coffee van at Whites Field car park was approved.
Chairman _____________________________________________ Dated _____________________
( 34KB )