Chinnor Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 2nd September 2013
PRESENT: Cllrs. Ambridge, Fowler, Lloyd, Mantle, Marlow, Pickard, Williams, Wright (Chair) and Young.
Public Question time: No public were present.
Apologies: Cllr Haywood, Higgs, Scarborough, Bird
Absent: D/Cllr Hood
Declaration of Pecuniary Interest & Dispensations: Cllr Williams – Village Hall donation cheque, 12 Oakley Lane planning application, Royal British Legion payment request. Cllr Pickard – Payment for R Pickard
Minutes of previous meeting
19-8-13 Full Council Meeting signed by Cllr Wright
20-8-13 Community Project signed by Cllr Young
Environment led by Cllr Mantle
1. Play area reports and checks were given by Cllr Fowler – wet pour repairs have been made. Skate park update was given by the Clerk – a group of parents have offered assistance to put the skate equipment up as we cannot get hold of Radii -he is not replying to emails or phone calls. The Council agreed to give Radii a deadline until the end of September for completing works in a formal letter, sent by recorded delivery.
2. August Bank Holiday Marquee Events – all events were successful and it is believed that they were well supported. Letter and donation of £500 from the Village Centre was received and letter of thanks from Community Pool was noted. It was suggested that supplies for the toilets will need monitoring in future years.
3. Waste bin outside fish and chip shop – it was agreed that the PC should replace with a larger bin if possible.
4. Update on works in Hill Road Rec re repairs – quotes obtained from Martin Richardson to repair the door, waterproof the building and remove excess surface trench around the building.
It was agreed that the Asset Committee should meet and discuss options to replace the building before quotes are agreed and extra money is spent on the current building.
Planning led by Cllr Wright
1. Planning applications were considered:
P13/S1896/HH Removal of existing conservatory and erection of a two storey rear extension at Hill House, Chinnor Hill. Recommendation: Approval
P13/S2445/HH Removal of existing rear wall and replace with a close board fence with a gate at 12 Oakley Lane. Recommendation: Approval
P13/S2577/HH Erection of a single storey rear extension at Bumble Cottage, Henton. Recommendation: Approval
P13/S2467/HH Demolition of existing rear extension and erection of new single storey rear extension at 18 High Street. Recommendation: Approval
2. Agricultural Notification Application
P13/S2551/AG Proposed timber framed and clad with corrugated roof and galvanized steel ridge building at Drovers Farm, Henton. Recommendation: No comments
3. Change of residential address in Emmington. Noted
Finance Report led by Cllr Pickard
All bills for payment were approved. Proposed by Cllr Ambridge, seconded by Cllr Fowler
Thames Water WF 9/5 - 13/8 139.01
Thames Water PF 9/5 - 13/8 620.19
All Star Fuel 29/7 - 9/8 183.64
ORCC Annual Subscription 65.00
Thames Water Rec 14/5 - 14/8 9.70
Thames Water PC Office 9/5 - 13/8 32.27
Grundon Waste Waste Wheelers 76.73
E Folley McAfee 54.99
Village Hall Room Hire - 12/8 31.50
P&J Joinery Windmill - wood 1056.00
All Jobs Security 700.00
Mudway Workman Marquee Hire 4493.40
Lawrence Landscape Burial Ground Mtce July 115.20
CYFC Donation re: PA usage 50.00
R Pickard WF Cleaning August 60.00
Chinnor Players Donation re: PA usage 50.00
2. Cllr Pickard proposed to approve the budget update. Seconded by Cllr Wright.
3. Cllr Pickard proposed to approve payments from Petty Cash & Imprest. Seconded Cllr Young
4. Cllr Williams proposed to approve bank reconciliation. Seconded by Cllr Mantle.
5. Request from RBL re sound system funding for 2013 parade at a cost of £125.00 plus V.A.T – proposed by Cllr Fowler, seconded by Cllr Marlow. All in favour.
6. Chinnor war memorial – half funding has been offered towards the remedial work – approved to sign
7. Henton war memorial – half funding has been offered toward the remedial work – approved to sign
8. Verbal Reports and Feedback: Councillors outside meetings report: nothing to report.
9. District and County reports
OCC report from C/Cllr Wilmshurst:
OCC need to make more significant savings and organisation changes including further redundancies.
Double yellow lines in Station Road outside Shapers should commence in October 2013.
Double yellow lines at the top of Station Road are still pending a start date.
White lines in Keens lane should commence within 28 days of this meeting date.
Hill Top Lane road surface updates – OCC Environment and Economy have confirmed that serious safety defects would be assessed by Highways but works will not commence unless a serious safety defect is found. Regular maintenance works will not be completed by Highways.
Kerb stone repairs are ongoing and C/Cllr Wilmshurst will chase for completion.
Old Kiln Lakes pedestrian scheme is still in the pricing system and will be completed early 2014.
SODC report from Cllr Lloyd: Report to follow at the next meeting.
10. General Purposes: PCSO Madden presented her report: As in the minutes file.
Double yellow line fees and unnecessary obstruction fees are increasing to £50.00
11. Clerks Report:
Neighbourhood Plan information evening – provisionally booked for 17th September in the Village Hall. The Clerk to finalise speakers (CPRE Director requested to attend) and send invites out to everyone who has expressed an interested on being involved either Facebook or directly in the office. The date can change if necessary to accommodate the suitable speakers.
An email re HS2 concerns and how Chinnor could be affected by heavy traffic – to be reviewed.
Taylor Wimpey have sent a final map re transfer of land – the steering group to study the map prior to Solicitors being involved to finalise the transfer.
Complaints have been received about the litter in the stands at the playing fields – the CPFMC/Football club should be responsible for the clearing of it – the clerk to discuss with CPFMC/Football club the possibility of PC taking on this role for a fee.
12. Meeting dates: Full Council meeting 16th September 2013 – 7.30pm start
( 34KB )