Chinnor Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 2nd December 2013
PRESENT: Cllrs. Ambridge, Bird, Haywood, Higgs, Lloyd, Mantle, Marlow, Pickard, Scarborough, Williams, Cllr Young. Also present: C/Cllr Wilmshurst.
Presentation was given by Andrew Winterbottom, Tracy Staskevich and Andrew Dugmore from the Chinnor Says No More campaign group regarding the aims of a Neighbourhood Plan.
Copies of the presentation are available in the minutes file.
The Campaign group were invited to return to a PC meeting in January with an action plan and skilled audit with full commitment involved in detail.
C/Cllr Wilmshurst left the meeting following the presentation.
1. Public Question time: 3 members of the public were present.
2. Apologies: Cllr Fowler, Cllr Wright, D/Cllr Hood, C/Cllr Wilmshurst
3. Declaration of Pecuniary Interest & Dispensations: Cllr Pickard: additional bills – RB Pickard
4. Minutes of previous meeting
18-11-13 Full Council Meeting signed by Cllr Haywood
26-11-13 Community Project meeting signed by Cllr Bird
5. Planning led by Cllr Williams
The following planning applications were considered:
P13/S3280/FUL Erection of detached two-storey two-bed dwelling adjacent to existing property and formation of parking at 12 Lower Road. Letters of objection was considered. Recommendation: Objection: Overdevelopment and un-neighbourly, lack of parking for existing property a major issue
P13/S3354/HH Erection of first floor side extension and new detached double garage at Hempton Cottage, Henton. Letters of objection were considered. Recommendation: Objection: Un-neighbourly and over-bearing.
P13/S3445/FUL Erection of detached building to provide machinery/vehicle store and workshop at Thatched Cottage, Wainhill. Recommendation: Approved
To note Planning Approval were noted
P13/S2967 Construction of new agricultural storage barn at Meadow Farm, Henton.
P13/S2799/HH Extension to detached garage and raising of roof to accommodate games room over main garage, as amended in drawings 28/13-01A at County End, Red Lane.
P13/S3006/FUL Variation to condition 2 and 4 on planning permission P95/N0493 at The Old Dairy.
P13/S3082/HH Proposed alterations and erection of first floor extension at Drifts, Chinnor Hill.
For info... SOHA proposal for site off of Station Road. Noted.
The Council commented about the lack of parking on the proposed drawings and overcrowded design and over development of the site. Loss of business opportunity was a concern.
6. Environment led by Cllr Mantle
It was agreed that this committee will only be discussed at the first meeting of the month.Recycled projects from our local recycling were discussed but order quantities too large.Cllr Mantle gave feedback on defibrillators: the Village Centre unit is installed and electrician has been identified to install the Whites Field unit and PC office unit.
7. Finance Report led by Cllr Pickard
1. Bills for payment were proposed for approval by Cllr Williams and seconded by Cllr Lloyd.
RB Pickard – WFCH cleaning £ 60.00
All Jobs – WFCH fire inspection £ 286.00
Festive Lighting – 2013 Christmas decs £7668.84
Safe and Sound Playgrounds – repairs £3528.00
Premier Tail Lifts – Mini bus £ 198.00
Lawrence Landscapes – church yard £ 115.20
Arval fuel 1-11-13 to 11-11-13 – DD £ 154.95
2. Recommendation from HR to increase Clerks hours to 35 p/w. Proposed by Cllr Marlow and seconded by Cllr Mantle. All in favour.
3. The Clerk reported on a request for fairground in Chinnor for June 2014 – the Council decided this was not a viable option with the space available and football pitch arrangements on Whites Field.
4. Play area in Old Kiln Lakes – quote was discussed which includes all ground works and a few options to be investigated on equipment ideas such as balancing beams. Fencing around the play area to be discussed further prior to quote being finalised. Picnic bench also preferred.
5. Cllr Pickard gave an update from Budget meeting recently held.
6. Letter of thanks from Chiltern Conservation Board. Noted.
7. Letter of thanks from Oxfordshire Playbus. Noted.
8. Verbal Reports and Feedback
Councillors outside meetings report:
Cllr Williams gave a report on the Village Hall – accounts have been submitted to auditor. Bookings have increased for 2014 – rates are increasing by 50p per hour. New Committee members always welcome. Once audited accounts have been returned grants will be applied for.
Christmas decorations around the village have been praised but the owner of Robert House has complained that this building has been excluded. The Clerk to explain that a number of businesses do not have decorations either.
9. District Council reports: D/Cllr Lloyd
Recycled events are being advertised over Christmas. These events are to encourage more recycling as quantities are decreasing.
Possibility of Christmas tree recycling again in Mill Lane still an option.
Cllr Lloyd has received complaints regarding Biffa – these are being investigated.
IDO footpath plan for Old Kiln Lakes under discussion and meetings to finalise arrangements.
10. Clerks Report
The first Newsletter was agreed for printing and distributing via the Pump and email database mid December. Copies to be printed for the Doctors surgery and Village Centre and Library.
Graffiti including racist words has been reported in Conigre and cleaned off. PCSO Madden aware.
Machinery Store in Whites Field – application for certificate of Lawful Development has been received.
11. Meeting dates and items for agenda
Full Council meeting 16th December 2013 – 7.30pm start
Update on double yellow lines on Station Road – date needed for works.
( 34KB )