Chinnor Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 3rd February 2014
PRESENT: Cllrs. Ambridge, Bird, Fowler, Haywood, Higgs, Lloyd, Mantle, Marlow, Pickard, Williams, Wright and Young. Also present: C/Cllr Wilmshurst
Public Question time: 3 members of the public were present
2 members of the public were present to object to the planning amendment for the Black Boy.
A member of the public reported that a flooding survey is available on the OCC web site. The Council have contacted OCC directly with pictures of recent flood areas for action.
Equipment User Consultation – for information.
Absent: Cllr Scarborough, D/Cllr Hood
Declaration of Pecuniary Interest & Dispensations:
Cllr Pickard – RB Pickard – payment on bills for payment.
Cllr Pickard and Cllr Bird: Planning P14/S0098 Outline – applicant an acquaintance
Minutes of previous meeting
20-1-14 Full Council Meeting signed by Cllr Haywood.
27-1-14 Community Project Meeting signed by Cllr Bird.
Environment led by Cllr Mantle
1. Play Area Reports – Conigre to have a quote for nest swing repairs.
2. B4012 – Thame Park Road – resurfacing 17th March. Noted.
3. Mud and damaged area in Whites Field – to be monitored once weather improves before repairs are discussed and quoted for. Concerns over mud being walked into the refurbished hall.
4. OCC Consultation on Rights of Way – as emailed to all Councillors. Alan Brawn, footpath volunteer will read through and report back on issues which need attention.
5. 2014 August Bank Holiday: Location of marquee confirmed as Whites Field due to potential building works on S&SC. The Clerk to contact CYFC regarding the best location for the marquee to be situated. Concerns over the new location discussed: to plan access carefully and parking.
Event application to be emailed to all local users. Deadline for potential users – 1st March.
Finance Report led by Cllr Pickard
The following bills for payment were proposed by Cllr Wright and seconded by Cllr Mantle.
Chinnor Pump – Newsletter insert in December £ 150.00
AMF Electrical – WFCH inspection and repairs £ 232.84
R Pickard – WFCH cleaning £ 60.00
Gardening Delights – food waste bags £ 244.80
OALC – Dave Young – Chairmanship course £ 78.00
Scottish Power – Hill Road Rec – Monthly DD – Elec 19-10-13 to 17-1-14 £ 15.00
Scottish Power – Machinery Store – Monthly DD – Elec 19-10-13 to 27-1-14 £ 8.00
Scottish Power – WFCH – Monthly DD – Electricity 8-10-13 to 23-1-14 £ 59.00
BES Electrical – Office electricity – DD – 15-12-13 to 15-1-14 £ 39.19
Public Works Loan Board – Loan payment twice per year– Village Hall – DD £6251.70
2. PCSO Contract for part funding signed for 2014-2015 by Cllr Haywood. All in favour.
3. Skate park committee account closed – money now in PC account. To discuss about getting the equipment protected with paint or suitable material.
4. Whites Field Community Hall – Launch of the hall on 12th March 12 – 2pm. Cllr Pickard, Higgs and Fowler plus other volunteers to provide the light lunch.
5. Defib money: Cllr Marlow proposed to purchase two pagers for first responders from the remaining defib money. Seconded by Cllr Wright.
6. Cllr Higgs proposed to re-tender for new pavilion at a cost of £2420.00, seconded by Cllr Pickard. All in favour.
Planning led by Cllr Wright
Planning applications were considered:
P14/S0098 Outline Erection of two detached two-storey dwellings with garaging, parking, access and amenity space at 67 Lower Icknield Way. Recommendation: Objection: Overdevelopment, Poor access, Back-land development.
P14/S0095/HH Proposed modification to the main pitched roof to incorporate single storey front extension with infill recessed front porch (amendment to application P13/S1558) at 20B Oakley Road. Recommendation: Approval
P14/S0153/HH Proposed single storey front extension and replace existing flat roof above garage with a pitched roof at 10 Middleway. Recommendation: Approval
P13/S3652/FUL Amended Details – amended description. Erection of farm workers dwelling incorporating mobile home and timber extension (retrospective) for a temporary period of five years. At Middle Farm, Oakley Lane. Recommendation: Approval
P13/S3641/FUL Amended. Erection of a single dwelling with integral garage (as amended 24-1-14) at land rear of The Black Boy, Station Road. Letters of objection from neighbours were considered. Neighbours reported to Council on numerous concerns over the proposals and the lack of trading to date from the premises at present. No notifications around the property have been displayed. Concerns also raised over trees on boundary and misleading drawings with garden sizes.
Recommendation: Objection: Over development, Un-Neighbourly, Loss of Light. Concerns over trees on the boundary which will be affected by development. NB: THIS DECISION WAS OVER TURNED AT THE COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON 17-2-14.
Planning Approvals were noted:
P13/S3600/HH Erection of a detached garage block at Sunley Wood, Red Lane.
P13/S3645/HH Erection of part two storey and part single storey rear extension and a single storey side extension at 74 Lower Icknield Way.
P13/S2660/FUL Erection of replacement dwelling with garage at Silvanus, Chinnor Hill.
Hive Energy – proposed solar park at Forty Green Farm – The Peacock in Henton has been advised of proposals. The application is not in our Parish so the PC are not a consultee.
Verbal Reports and Feedback
Councillors outside meetings report: Cllr Williams attended the Open Gardens meeting – this event may not continue due to lack of volunteers and recent poor weather conditions.
Cllr Ambridge showed postcards to be sold to advertise the windmill.
Cllr Mantle reported a new First Responder has been appointed to join the team.
Cllr Pickard, Cllr Lloyd and C/Cllr Wilmshurst attended the Library meeting – the group to be called Chinnor Library Supporters. Currently the library has 5 paid staff – 59.5 working hours per week between the staff – being reduced by 1/3 in staffing hours.
Volunteers needed to assist. More meetings to continue the process.
Cllr Haywood and D/Cllr Wilmshurst attended the site visit in Henton regarding recent flooding issues. Lots of parties from SODC, Monson, OCC, CPC and residents discussed the issues and resolutions. Cllr Lloyd reported that John Backley has sent requests out to get works progressing. Cllr Lloyd to contact him weekly to progress actions.
District and County reports
1. OCC report from C/Cllr Wilmshurst – Station Road works on traffic calming to commence early February. The Wellington House surgery car park site visit has been arranged for 14th February to try and resolve and get improvements made to the car park.
Home to School consultation to be discussed at County Hall this week.
2. SODC report from D/Cllr Lloyd – Community Governance is progressing with committee recommendations. Flooding issues still an ongoing priority. Rubbish collections problems on Station Road have been ongoing and Cllr Lloyd investigating.
Clerks Report – not needing decisions
Annual Assembly – agenda been emailed out to everyone.Newsletter – was approved for distribution – to be sent out beginning of March.Citizens Advice Bureau to start drop in sessions between 10 am and 11am each Thursday
( 34KB )