« Back to Minutes

Chinnor Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 4th November 2013

PRESENT: Cllrs. Ambridge, Bird, Fowler, Haywood, Higgs, Lloyd, Mantle, Pickard, Williams, Wright.

C/Cllr Wilmshurst was also present.

Public Question time – 6 members of the public were present

5 members of the public gave a brief presentation on the Henton planning application.

A member of the pubic was present to request a new location for the litter bin outside the fish and chip shop on Lower Road. Cllr Lloyd reported that SODC have requested that the sticker on the bin not be removed as it is a dual purpose litter bin for dog waste and general litter.

The Clerk reported that the bin has recently started to be emptied daily to reduce issues but the shop owner reported the issue is not improving. Cllr Mantle, Cllr Ambridge and Cllr Fowler to investigate the issue and look at alternative locations and report back at the next meeting.

                                               

Apologies: Cllr Young, Scarborough, Marlow, Bird      

Absent: D/Cllr Hood

Declaration of Pecuniary Interest & Dispensations: Cllr Haywood – payments – expense claim,  Cllr Pickard – payments – husbands cleaning invoice

Minutes of previous meeting: 21-10-13 Full Council Meeting signed by Cllr Wright

                       

Planning led by Cllr Wright                             

Planning applications were considered:

P13/S1046/FUL erection of a detached dwelling with detached double garage, new vehicular access and associated amenity space provision at land adjacent to 4, Old Orchard, Henton (amended plans received 18.10.13 and 23.10.13)   The applicant and objectors both spoke at the meeting. Recommendation: Objection: Un-neighbourly, not in keeping with the surrounding area, building too dominant within the landscape.

P13/S3202/FUL demolition of The Kings Head and erection of 4 detached dwellings at Kings Head, 61 Station Road. Letter of objection was noted. Recommendation: Objection: Over development, incredible lack of parking spaces – no on street parking along Station Road for over flow cars. 

 

Planning Decisions were noted.

P13/S2696/HH single storey extension at 19 Lower Road

P13/S2789/HHtwo storey side extension, insertion of roof light in rear roof slope at 3 Emmington

P13/S2664/HH rear and side single and two storey extension at 15 Greenwood Avenue

P13/S2346/LDP certificate of lawful development at 1 Golden Hills

 

3. SOHA garages at Greenwood Avenue have been demolished. Discussions to follow on future land usage and development – to be discussed under the Local Plan scrutiny committee.

4. SODC Community Governance Review. Noted.                                                    

5. Bloor homes presentation re Mill Lane / Thame Road corner field proposed development was discussed – no further action required at this time.

6. CPFMC plan of field – a trustee meeting to be arranged. No decision until the building is completed.

                                                                                                                                   

Environment led by Cllr Mantle                      

1. Play area reports and checks – nothing new to report.

2. Carols around the tree – road closure applied for. Noted. Cllr Marlow to organise road marshals and risk assessment.

3. The Clerk reported on a recent meeting with Brian Fagan and Julie Boyle regarding a new campaign to reduce dog fouling on the playing fields. A green ribbon membership is one recent idea to encourage dog walkers to pick up after their dog and identify the dogs easier. New signage was discussed and concerns were raised that posters are pulled down quickly but worth trying again. Schools to be involved and educate the children early – PCSO Madden to be asked to do a school assembly. The Council agreed to support the campaign fully and assist when they can. Thanks were given to Julie Boyle and the voluntary group to improve the area. It was emphasised that any enforcements are followed up to teach lessons quickly. Andy Bennett and Julie Boyle to be introduced to discuss ideas.

4. CPFMC request to display sponsorship – Cllr Pickard proposed this was acceptable as long as the signage is not permanent and only out during matches. Seconded by Cllr Lloyd. All in favour.             

                                                                                                           

Finance Report to be led by Cllr Pickard                 

1.      Bills for payment were agreed: Proposed by Cllr Wright, seconded by Cllr Ambridge.

WM Nairn – Sow n Sow gardening                              £    470.00

Chinnor Spar – Buzz Quiz                                         £    112.05

P Haywood – expenses                                            £      25.20

R Pickard – Whites Field hall cleaning                        £      40.00

SLCC – Local Council admin book                              £      60.00

Community Heartbeat Trust – Defib                           £  1775.00

Radii Ramps – Skate equipment relocation                 £  1800.00

Office Depot – stationery                                           £    201.12

All Jobs – Whites Field hall completion works                £  6553.70

The PCMS payment was not agreed for payment at this time and will be re-presented at the next meeting. Cllr Haywood proposed, seconded by Cllr Williams. PCMS – Community Project design services - £24450.00.

Cllr Haywood thanked Cllr Pickard for all her work towards the Community Project.

 

2. Quote of £1892.00 to replace rotten windows at Whites Field– CYFC to replace the doors into the building. A meeting to be arranged with Terry Devine on site to discuss. Fire extinguishers to be serviced.

3.Quote for parking bays lining at Whites Field - £800.00 with no parking bay design layout included. To be considered for 2014/15 budget

4. Support to Chilterns Conservation Board – Cllr Haywood proposed £50, seconded by Cllr Pickard.

5. Contract for partial funding of PCSO – The agreement cannot be signed until after Budget meeting.

6. Report on Council Tax briefing – Cllrs Wright & Pickard – a grant is being awarded by Government again and the figure will be announced soon though it has been reduce d by 14% from this financial year. The reason for this grant was explained.  Cllr Wright proposed a recalculation, seconded by Cllr Williams. Precept capping was discussed – there is certainly no capping for the next financial year.

7. Supplier for food waste bags was agreed & retail cost of £3.50 per roll was agreed.

8. HR meeting date was agreed as 12th November at 9am

9. CYFC to pay for the new litter bin by the stands on the Playing Fields.

                                                                                                           

Verbal Reports and Feedback                                  

Cllr Haywood attended the Friends of Chinnor Library meeting – approx 10 residents attended.

Budget cuts are looming and Chinnor will have a "50+" library by 2015 which means it will continue with paid staff but with reduced hours – a total of  2 staff with 19.5 hours each and then volunteers to assist.  Building refurbishment will commence with double glazing improvements.  Better use of the building can be made as offices are always empty. An open meeting will be held 3 - 7.30pm on 10th December.

                                               

District and County reports                          

OCC report from C/Cllr Wilmshurst: C/Cllr Wilmshurst attended the Library meeting with Cllr Haywood.

Budget update - a total reduction of £262m over next few years – lots of cuts to be following.

Budget cut meetings – C/Cllr Wilmshurst requested that a meeting be held in the South of Oxfordshire next time. Cuts still being considered on secondary school transport – meetings soon regarding this.

Adult and Social Care along with Young Child provision being looked into.

Hedge cutting meeting still to be arranged for various areas in the village - this is an urgent matter.

Ladybird Pre-School will hopefully move to St. Andrew's Cof E School in 2014.

Double yellow lines on Station Road now overdue – urgently required as road is very dangerous.

White lines on Keens Lane also very overdue and have been promised for months.

SODC report from D/Cllr Lloyd: D/Cllr Lloyd reported on a number of recent meeting attended. Thames Valley Police have increased police on the front line – other areas have decreased front line officers. For our area a 21% reduction in crime, year to date, has been reported. Rural crime is being dealt with heavily and child sexual exploitation. Increase of organised crime group has been noted. Taser usage training increase. Thames Valley Police are in collaboration with Hampshire Police force.

SODC are loaning SOHA £15m for additional social housing for (75% in Oxfordshire) – 10 year loan.

Strategic Housing Assessment – this could increase the number of houses in the Local Plan for this area.

Thame and Parish Council Forum – Cllr Wright and Cllr Haywood attending – very important to attend.

Assets of Community Value – Possibly the Post Office could be considered.            

Solar panel farm being proposed in Bledlow.

 

Next meeting: Full Council meeting 18th November 2013 – 7pm start

 

 

CHAIRMAN                                                                                                                                                

pdf icon

Download PDF

( 34KB ) pdf icon