Chinnor Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 6th January 2014
PRESENT: Cllrs. Ambridge, Fowler, Haywood, Higgs, Mantle, Marlow, Pickard, Scarborough, Williams, Wright and Young. Also present: C/Cllr Wilmshurst and D/Cllr Hood.
Public Question time – 3 members of the public were present
2 members of the public were concerned over a recent extension request in Old Kiln Lakes.
1 member was present to observe the meeting.
Apologies: Liz Folley, Cllr Lloyd, Cllr Bird, Cllr Scarborough
Declaration of Pecuniary Interest & Dispensations: Cllr Pickard – RB Pickard payment
Minutes of previous meeting
16-12-13 Full Council Meeting signed by Cllr Haywood
Environment led by Cllr Mantle
1. Cllr Mantle reported that 3 defibrillators are now installed; Village Centre, Whites Field Community Hall and PC offices. The Co-Op is still ongoing.
2. Allotment – update was given by Cllr Higgs on fencing requirements. Cllr Haywood proposed that we obtain quotes for the required fencing along the entrance road only, seconded by Cllr Williams. All in favour.
3. Florence Nightingale Hospice requested a temporary, vinyl banner be placed on the corner of Station Road by the entrance to the Library and Doctors – all agreed for a limited time of 4 weeks around April only. To be agreed by OCC also.
Finance Report led by Cllr Pickard
The following bills for payment were proposed by Cllr Pickard and seconded by Cllr Mantle.
Thames Valley Police – Q3 1-10-13 to 31-12-13 £4133.00
Harvey Softeners – Village Centre grant £1584.00
Inject Media – Web site updates and newsletter £1500.84
LSG – Machinery store alarm – service charge £ 124.54
Blanchfords – WFCH equipment £ 128.61
Nick Whitney Engineers – Kubota service £ 269.80
Alan John Printing – newsletter insert into pump £ 355.00
RB Pickard – WFCH cleaning £ 45.00
Wireless Logic – DD – trackers £ 11.28
BT – phone and broadband £ 392.74
Arval Fuel – 4-12-13 to 10-12-13 £ 151.61
2. Quotes were discussed for electrical testing at WFCH: Cllr Haywood proposed to accept the £200 quote from Alex Facy, seconded by Cllr Higgs. All in favour. Work to commence in January.
3. Response to OCC re Home to School consultation – ongoing. To be written by Cllr Fowler and Cllr Higgs and then emailed around for approval before submission on 13th January 2014.
4. United Trust account is now open and matures April 2014 – another investment to be looked into soon to avoid further delays.
Planning led by Cllr Wright
Planning applications were considered:
P13/S3831/HH Construction of annexe ancillary to the main dwelling (re-submission of application P13/S1564) at Hill Foot Cottage, Chinnor Hill. Recommendation: Approval
P13/S3796/FUL Demolition of existing dwelling and outbuildings. Erection of new dwelling, formation of new driveway and garden at New Close Farm, Manor Road, Towersey. Recommendation: Approval
P13/S3652/FUL Erection of farm workers dwelling incorporating mobile home and timber extension at Middle Farm, Oakley Lane. One member of the public commented on this application. Recommendation: Approval – to note: screening needed along footpath – proposed by Cllr Haywood, seconded by Cllr Mantle.
Planning Permissions were noted.
P13/S1046/FUL Erection of a detached dwelling with double garage at land adjacent to 4, Old Orchard, Henton.
P13/S3299/HHProposed two storey and single storey extension at 65 Oakley Road.
P13/S3301/HH Proposed conservatory at 12 Thame Road.
P13/S3362/HH Erection of a front porch at 23 Beech Road.
P13/S3424/HH Erection of a single storey rear extension at 9 Penley Close.
P13/S3445/FUL Erection of detached building to provide machinery/vehicle store and workshop at Thatched Cottage, Wainhill
Planning Refusal was noted
P13/S3355/LB Installation of photo voltaic solar panels at Allnuts Farm, Henton.
3. Update on Community Governance Review – Crowell not to be included within our Parish.
4. Old Kiln Lakes – car park and tarmac area was discussed. Quotes to be chased again and land ownership to be followed up before any works can commence.
5. Taylor Wimpey Letter re variation of conditions P93/N0288 – public present were concerned on the extension. Details of the conditions to be emailed and the application to be discussed again on 20th January with an update from Cllr Lloyd.
Verbal Reports and Feedback: Councillors outside meetings report: None
District and County reports
1. OCC report from C/Cllr Wilmshurst: Budget to be agreed on 18th February. Henton flooding issues have been ongoing and Monson and OCC have had site meetings to improve the situation. Meetings with Wellington house Doctors practice have been held regarding needed improvements to the car park and the over grown shrubbery – ownership details of the land to be found.
2. SODC report from D/Cllr Hood: The budget will be agreed soon. Congratulations were given on the defibrillator project and this will be a valuable asset to the community. D/Cllr Hood will follow up the Henton flooding issues and Taylor Wimpey extension request.
Clerks Report – not needing decisions
1. Newsletter – the next issue to be emailed and printed early March – not inserted in the Pump.
2. PC surgery date – 8th February in the Village Centre from 11am to 1pm.
1. Budget meeting – 13th January at 7pm
2. Community Project meeting – 14th January at 7pm
3. Full Council meeting 20th January 2014 at 7.30pm
4. Youth Club Open Evening – 23rd January from 7pm
5. Library Open Meeting – 28th January from 7pm.
( 34KB )