« Back to Minutes

Chinnor Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 7th April 2014


Present : Cllrs. Ambridge, Fowler, Haywood, Lloyd, Mantle, Marlow, Pickard, Williams, Wright and Young. 

Officers: Jo Wills (Asst. Clerk)


The Chairman of the Council formally welcomed all Councillors and public present.

Apologies: Cllr Scarborough, Bird, Higgs

Absent without apologies: C/Cllr Wilmshurst, D/Cllr Hood


Councillors Declaration of Pecuniary Interest & Dispensations:

Cllr Pickard – RB Pickard – Bills for payment


Public Question time:

Richard Wheat attended regarding planning application P14/S0698 to answer any questions regarding the application prior to the planning discussion and recommendation being agreed.   


Minutes of previous meeting to be agreed and signed:                             

17-03-14 Full Council meeting signed by Cllr Haywood      

24-03-14 Community Project signed by Cllr Young


Planning Section led by Cllr Wright                                  

Planning applications considered:

P14/S0698/HH Single storey side extension, two storey rear extension and raising the ridge line. Demolition of existing garage and erection of 3 bay garage at Campions, Hill Top Lane. Recommendation: Approval

P14/S0637/HH Take down existing rear extension. Construct side and rear extension. Convert loft and construct rear facing dormer at 8a Oakley Road. Recommendation: Approval

P14/S0536/LB Remove old/rusted cast iron guttering and replace with cast aluminium gutters at Manor House, 41 High Street. Application withdrawn as per applicant instruction

P14/S0740/HH Construction of a single storey extension to garage building to provide storage. Alter garage door positions to gable end at The Bluff, Hill Top Lane. Recommendation: Approval

P14/S0772/HH Demolition of existing conservatory and erection of new single storey rear extension at 104 Oakley Lane. Recommendation: Approval

P14/S0709/A Five canopy fascia signs and a totem sign featuring a single leg at Chiltern Hills, 36 Oakley Road. Recommendation: Approval

P14/S0098/O Amended Details Erection of two detached two-storey dwellings with garaging, parking access and amenity space at 67 Lower Icknield Way. Recommendation: Objection: Over development, extremely dangerous access – (The Clerk to contact the planning officer regarding P14/S0278 – to clarify situation.)



2.      Certificate of Lawful Development:

P14/S0856/LDP New steel clad building for storage of cricket grass maintenance machinery and football equipment at Chinnor Playing Field, Station Road. Recommendation: Approval


3.      Planning permission were noted

P14/S0153/HH Proposed single storey front extension and replace existing flat roof above garage with a pitched roof at 10 Middleway.

P13/S3641/FUL Erection of a single dwelling with integral garage (as amended) at Land to rear of the Black Boy, Station Road.

P14/S0095/HH Proposed modification to the main pitched roof to incorporate single storey front extension, with infill recessed front porch (as amended) at 20B Oakley Road.


4.      Other planning matters:Letter from SOHA regarding our comments following the planning consultation. Noted.

The parking guidelines to be updated for councillor reference.



Finance and General Purposes Section led by Cllr Pickard                    

The following bills for payment were proposed by Cllr Williams and seconded by Cllr Wright

R B Pickard – WFCH cleaning                                        £    85.00

SODC – dog bin empty 1-1-14 to 31-3-14                       £  226.04

Gardening Delights – food waste bags                            £  244.80

Thames Valley Police – Q4 1-1-14 to 31-3-14                 £4133.00

SASA – Windmill table sponsorship for tri-ball                  £    30.00

Richard Marshall Ltd – Windmill                                     £  158.20

SODC – non domestic rates bill                                      £  813.21

ORCC – annual subscription                                          £    75.00

NALC – LCR subscription                                                £    17.00

Lyreco – stationery and table top boards                         £  684.70

Injectmedia – web site updates                                      £  480.00

Village Centre – Annual Assembly                                   £    81.00

Lloyds Bank – DD – charge card                                      £    57.50

BT – DD - Phone and broadband                                     £  369.62

Wireless Logic – DD - trackers                                         £    11.28

Arval Fuel – 26-2-14 to 11-3-14                                      £    76.17

Tesco mobile – DD                                                         £    21.45

Tesco mobile – DD                                                         £    24.10

Cllr Fowler proposed to purchase a new St. George's flag (£42.95), seconded by Cllr Marlow.

Cllr Fowler proposed to not purchase a PA system at this time but to purchase a clicker at approx £5.00, seconded by Cllr Williams. Cllr Young suggested the CYFC may hire their PA system if needed.

Cllr Pickard proposed to approve the Town and Village Infrastructure Funding – benches and notice boards to be purchased for various locations (£1875 awarded grant, £1920 PC to fund), seconded by Cllr Fowler. All in favour.  

A banner to advertise August Marquee events to be looked into – free of charge if possible.



Environment  led by Cllr Mantle

Play area updates and checks – Cllr Fowler had nothing to report.

Replacement of two trees at Van Diemens – Cllr Marlow proposed to purchase 2 x Silver Birch trees, seconded by Cllr Ambridge. Sow n Sow to plant the trees.  

Ribbon of Flowers – Cllr Marlow proposed to purchase more seeds, seconded by Cllr Ambridge – Cllr Mantle to identify how many packs are required.Estover Way – new volunteers are needed to help. In June a skip will be required for clearing works. Water butts and planting to be arranged also.

Middle Way waste ground project was discussed. The Clerk to contact the land owner and report the poor state of the area and the current ongoing H&S issue – the project details can be passed to the land owner for discussion with the Greening Campaign but the PC cannot be involved as the land is privately owned.

Chinnor Dementia Community Learning group action plan – to be reviewed by GNS


Written Reports from Parish Councillors relating to outside meetings attended:

1.      Cllr Lloyd asked about the tennis court funds. Quotes and advice to be obtained regarding the trees along the tennis courts. Another meeting to be arranged for end of April.                     


Written Reports from District and County Councillors:

1.      Cllr Lloyd reported on the WW1 Centenary programme – it is suggested that trees are planted to commemorate the fallen (42) with plaques. More details to follow in May.



Clerks Report – items not needing notice of decisions:     None  


Meeting dates and items for agenda

Easter Egg Hunt – Whites Field - 17th April from 10.30am – 12 noon.

Full Council meeting – 28th April – 7.30pm




pdf icon

Download PDF

( 34KB ) pdf icon