« Back to Minutes

Chinnor Parish Council Full Council Meeting – 12th May 2014

PRESENT: Cllrs. Ambridge, Bird, Fowler, Haywood, Higgs, Lloyd, Marlow, Pickard, Scarborough, Williams, Wright and Young.  Cllr Hood, Cllr Wilmshurst Officers: Liz Folley (Clerk) and Jo Wills

1.      Apologies:  D/Cllr Hood

2.      Councillors Declaration of Pecuniary Interest & Dispensations:           

Cllr Pickard – bills for payment – RB Pickard

Cllr Haywood - P14/S1219/HH – acquaintance

 

3.      Public Question time:

Representatives of a company regarding the potential purchase of a children's nursery in Old Kiln Lakes Estate – potential plans and designs were discussed as the architect was present. The needs of a nursery in this area were advised. It was requested this was taken into account when the application from Taylor Wimpey regarding housing instead of business units is discussed.

Residents of Upper Farm Henton were present to answer questions regarding planning application P14/S1290/FUL

                                          

4.      Minutes of previous meeting to be agreed and signed:                            

28-4-14 Full Council Meeting signed by Cllr Haywood

06-05-14 Community Project Meeting signed by Cllr Bird

 

5.      Planning Section led by Cllr Wright                                

Planning applications considered:

P14/S0655/FUL Erection of 21 dwellings in lieu of offices at Old Kiln Lakes. Recommendation: Objection: Loss of much desired facility in the village for the community. It is believed that interest has been expressed for day-care facility which, in the opinion of the Parish Council would be very viable.

P14/S1219/HH Demolition of outbuilding and erection of single storey side and rear extension at The Chestnuts, 5 Keens Lane. Recommendation: Approval

P14/S1108/HH Proposed loft conversion with 2 dormer windows at 25 Elderdene. Recommendation: Approval

P14/S1131/HH Erection of single storey extension at 8B Oakley Road. Recommendation: Approval

P14/S1140/HH Proposed first floor extension and alterations at Drifts, Chinnor Hill. Recommendation: Approval

P14/S1112/LDP Certificate of Lawful Development: Dormers to both sides of roof and ground floor back extension at 45 Elderdene. Recommendation: Approval

P14/S1290/FUL Change of use of existing agricultural building to equestrian use, provision of a new ménage and change of land use to combined agricultural and equestrian use at Upper Farm, Henton.  Recommendation: Approval

 

Planning Permissions were noted:

P14/S0637/HH Take down existing rear extension. Construct side and rear extension. Convert loft, construct rear facing dormer (amended) at 8A Oakley Road.

P14/S0597/HH Detached double garage at 40A Lower Icknield Way

P14/S0698/HH Single storey side extension, two storey rear extension and raising the ridge line. Demolition of existing garage and erection of 3 bay garage at Campions, Hill Top Lane.

 

 

3.      Planning Correspondence:

Cllr Lloyd reported on the planning update for Old Kiln Lakes play area and recreation ground following discussions with SODC – no further news at present.  Points still being agreed prior to permission being requested.  Cllr Lloyd waiting to hear from the head of SODC Planning Department to investigate. The Clerk to send a complaint and Cllr Lloyd will follow it up for clarification. The land ownership to be chased up also.

Change of organisation name from Black Boy pub to Farrelly Antiques – creation of separate address for first floor flat: 38a Station Road. Noted.

P14/S0278/O 65-73 Lower Icknield Way – Amended. For info only. No access changes at this time – no comments requested.

 

6.      Finance and General Purposes Section led by Cllr PickardThe bills for payment were proposed for approval by Cllr Haywood and seconded by Cllr Williams.

All in favour.

S R Wood – oak posts for High Street                           £  756.00

Grundon Waste Management – waste wheelers              £    66.42

R B Pickard – WFCH cleaning                                       £    60.00

Motec – puncture repair                                               £    21.00

Information Commissioner – Data protection                  £    35.00

OCC Pension Fund                                                       £1612.45

Post Office – CIR                                                         £1593.79

Tessa Hennessy – New Pavilion info meeting                   £  350.00

Gardening Delights – food bags                                     £  367.20

Helpful Hirings – padlock                                              £    22.80

Acorn Workshop – notice board from grant                      £  375.00

BES – DD – office gas for April 2014                               £  141.75

Arval Fuel – DD – 27-3-14 to 28-4-14                             £  488.61

Batch payments – DD – salaries                                     £5727.46

Wireless Logic – DD – trackers                                       £    11.28

British Gas – DD – Mill Lane final gas bill                         £  212.22

 

Cllr Pickard proposed to approve the budget update. Seconded by Cllr Bird. All in favour

Cllr Lloyd proposed to approve Petty Cash & Imprest. Seconded by Cllr Bird. All in favour

Cllr Lloyd proposed to approve bank reconciliation. Seconded by Cllr Young. All in favour

Cllr Lloyd proposed to approve the Annual Internal Audit, seconded by Cllr Bird. It was agreed that the clerk should take action on all the recommendations.

12 in favour, 1 against the recommended changes.

Cllr Pickard proposed the Annual Governance Statements. Seconded by Cllr Young. All in favour

The Chairman signed the BDO paperwork for external audit. Proposed by Cllr Fowler and seconded by Cllr Williams. All in favour.

Cllr Lloyd to report on WW1 Commemoration plans – to be discussed in June.

Chinnor Library has been accepted on the list of Assets of Community Value. Noted

Christmas icicle lights failed inspection – replacements cost £197.00 plus V.A.T. A report on failure to be requested prior to agreement.   

Quote from Liberty Steel re new Hill Road Rec changing room was discussed. Usage was discussed and regular users detailed – it was agreed to plan the replacement building as a future project. The appearance needs to be improved quickly so remedial works to be carried out this year to repair /the building and door frame. Cllr Scarborough to coordinate works schedule within budget.

Quote from Liberty Steel re new machinery store at Whites Field was discussed. Building Regulations: Liberty Steel has advised that they are not needed. In principle the quote was accepted. Works to commence once all funding in place.

 

 

7.      Environment Section led by Cllr Fowler

Play area reports – Cllr Fowler have reported a few minor issues to be looked into.

Cllr Mantle reported on the Dementia meeting report of actions required – Good Neighbour Scheme has met to discuss all the relevant points. All promotion is ongoing by the Good Neighbour Scheme in various locations in the village. The Good Neighbour Scheme are volunteers and not specialised carers so taking on specific specialist areas would need training – which is available if required by individuals.

Cllr Mantle reported on Greening Campaign AGM she attended. Cllr Scarborough also attended the meeting.  Mr Alan Brawn reported on footpaths and current status of the footpaths in Chinnor Parish.

Cllr Scarborough also attended the voluntary litter pick – less litter was collected which seems positive. To review areas to litter pick for the next one – ideas welcome.  

Estover Way and Mill Lane has been seeded for Ribbon of Flowers.

Cllr Mantle requested a Defib proposed location be moved from the Co-Op to the Wheatsheaf to cover that area of the village – all in favour.

 

8.      Community Project (new pavilion) led by Cllr BirdConfirmation of PWLB – to be discussed at a later date.

                                               

9.      Written Reports from Councillors (Parish, District and County)

Cllr Pickard submitted a written report regarding the tennis courts repair.

The accounts have been viewed regarding payment of the repairs – also grants to be sought.

Quotes have been obtained for the tree works – to be discussed at the next meeting.

 

C/Cllr Wilmshurst reported on a recent meeting with Keith Stenning of OCC Highways – a few issues were discussed and updates are due on each issue.

C/Cllr Wilmshurst reported on potential speeding issues on Station Road – a 7 day speed check is trying to be funded to clarify if there is a problem.

 

10.  Clerks Report – items not needing notice of decisions:

Thames Valley police report from PCSO Madden – noted.

Footpaths – annual report – noted.

 

11.  Meeting dates and items for agenda:

       Full Council – 7.30pm on 2nd June 2014

       Full Council – 7.30pm on 16th June 2014

 

CHAIRMAN

 

 

pdf icon

Download PDF

( 34KB ) pdf icon