MINUTES of Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 17th June 2013
PRESENT: Cllrs. Ambridge, Haywood (Chair), Lloyd, Mantle, Marlow, Pickard, Scarborough, Williams, Wright and Young.
Public Question time: No public were present.
Apologies: Cllr Bird, Fowler, HiggsDeclaration of Pecuniary Interest & Dispensations: None
Minutes of previous meeting
03-06-13 Full Council Meeting was signed by Cllr Haywood
Cllr Williams requested the wording on item 6 (Community Project) be amended slightly to recommend that none of the project will commence until 100% funding is confirmed in writing. Proposed by Cllr Wright, seconded by Cllr Williams. Vote: 6 in favour, 4 abstained.
Finance Report led by Cllr Pickard
Cllr Haywood proposed to approve the following grant payments from the annual budgeted amount. Seconded by Cllr Haywood. All in favour.
Chinnor Community Swimming Pool £500.00
Chinnor Village Centre mini bus £250.00
Thame C.A.B £500.00
Chinnor Good Neighbour Scheme £120.00
Oxfordshire Playbus – Chinnor sessions £450.00 * awaiting more information
Jack and Jill Pre-school – gate repairs £200.00
2. All bills for payment were proposed by Cllr Marlow and seconded by Cllr Williams
Community Swimming Pool – grant £ 500.00
Thame C.A.B – grant £ 500.00
Chinnor Good Neighbour Scheme – grant £ 120.00
OCC Pension fund £1564.03
Post Office Ltd – CIR £1364.76
Grundon Waste – waste wheeler empty in May £ 93.72
Safe and Sound Playgrounds – wet pour kits £ 187.20
Lawrence Landscapes – Church yard grant £ 115.20
DX Projects – handover of website £ 75.00
Helpful Hiring's Ltd – safety boots – John £ 36.78
Lyreco Ltd – notice boards and cleaning £ 229.61
Complete Tree Services – High Street £ 54.00
Mr A Parkins – Office Insurance £ 370.27
Arval fuel – DD - 13-5-13 to 29-5-13 £ 210.04
Credit Card – DD – Windmill extinguishers £ 86.74
Bulk Payment – DD - Salaries £5175.91
BES – DD – Gas for office – May £ 84.00
BES – DD – Electric for office 15-5-13 to 15-6-13 £ 42.47
3. Cllr Ambridge proposed to approve the budget update. Seconded by Cllr Mantle. All in favour
4. Cllr Pickard proposed to approve payments from Petty Cash & Imprest. Seconded by Cllr Williams. All in favour
Cllr Scarborough proposed to approve bank reconciliation as at 31st May. Seconded by Cllr Young. All in favour.
6. Grants policy: All proposed changes and recommendations were approved. Quotes being sourced for a plaque or vinyl sign to promote what is granted to organisations. Proposed by Cllr Haywood and seconded by Cllr Young. Application dates for grants to be in the Pump.
7. £60,000.00 plus accrued interest to be invested into Manchester Building Society – Cllr Wright proposed, Cllr Ambridge seconded – all in favour.
Planning led by Cllr Wright
1. Planning applications were considered:
P13/S1305/HH Single storey side extension at 10 Van Diemens Close. Recommendation: Approval
P13/S1558/HH modification to the main pitched roof to incorporate single story front extension, loft conversion with dormer windows facing to side of house, roof light front and rear, infill recessed porch at 20B Oakley Road. Letter from neighbour was considered. Recommendation: Approval – only approved if neighbours requests are approved.
P/13/S1591/HH demolition of outbuilding and erection of single storey side and rear extension at The Chestnuts, 5 Keens Lane. Recommendation: Approval
P/13/S1592/LB demolition of outbuilding and erection of single storey side and rear extension at The Chestnuts, 5 Keens Lane. Recommendation: Approval
P/13/S1404/FUL replacement dwelling (barn), demolition of existing building at The Old Tabernacle, Spriggs Alley, Chinnor Hill. Letters from neighbours were considered. Recommendation: Refusal: Not in-keeping, overdevelopment, destroying a historic building, Previous application was only approved on the condition the building was preserved.
P13/S1564/HH construction of annexe ancillary to the main dwelling at Hill Foot Cottage, 2 Chinnor Hill. Recommendation: Refusal: Overdevelopment, concerns over access from Highway
P13/S1256/AG to construct roadways through woodland and repairs to tracks for extraction of timber at Kingston House, Kingston Hill, Kingston Blount. Recommendation: No Strong Views
2. Planning Permissions were noted
P13/S0920/HH Enclosed link between house and garage at Hill Foot Cottage, 2 Chinnor Hill
P13/S0986/FUL Use of space for parking mobile fish & chip van on Monday & Thursday 5- 9pm.
3. Working group to work alongside SODC re housing allocations:
Cllr's Haywood, Wright, Williams and Pickard
4. SODC Housing allocations meeting held on 10th June was discussed – the open meeting has been arranged for 18th July in the Village Centre from 2pm to show the allocated spaces in the Parish for approx 159 properties. All welcome to the open meeting to have input on public feedback. The working group to meet with SODC prior to the open meeting.
Community Project/New Pavilion led by Cllr Young and Cllr Haywood
1. A full, open discussion regarding the management of new facility was carried out.
Environment led by Cllr Mantle
1. Play area reports and checks – Cllr Fowler not present with a report.
2. Further Vandalism at Hill Road Recreation Ground was reported by Cllr Scarborough – graffiti on the hall and internal damage inside the hall. All reported to the Police. Cllr Scarborough to write a list of jobs to be completed during the summer month in the area.
3. An update was given by Cllr Mantle on the ribbon of flowers and Wild Flower project.
Verbal Reports and Feedback
Community Led Planning 11.06.13 – meeting notes in the minutes file. Donation of a bench a possibility with extra funds from the ceased committee.Cllr Scarborough reported on Chinnor Buzz – the group is growing steadily and meets regularly. Local business issues are discussed and solutions to problems.Cllr Mantle reported on the first defribulator meeting – 22 people attended the meeting which was very successful. More follow up meetings to be arranged.
Clerks Report: The Clerk requested Cllr Wright and Cllr Williams to assist with planning applications.
Railings on the Playing Fields were discussed – residents to contact the CPFMC directly.
Items for next agenda
1. TW meeting 24th June 7pm
2. OKL Art Project meeting 25th June 10am
3. Community Project/New Pavilion Meeting 25th June 7.30pm
4. Next Full Council meeting 1st July 2013 - 7.30pm
( 34KB )