« Back to Minutes

Chinnor Parish Council Meeting to be held on Monday 20th January 2014

PRESENT: Cllrs. Haywood, Higgs, Lloyd, Pickard, Scarborough, Williams, Wright and Young. 

Public Question time: Two members of the public were present.                

Apologies: Cllr Marlow, Cllr Ambridge, Cllr Mantle, Cllr Fowler, Cllr Bird

Declaration of Pecuniary Interest & Dispensations: None

 

Minutes of previous meeting                                   

06-01-14 Full Council Meeting signed by Cllr Haywood.

14-01-14 Community Project (new pavilion) signed by Cllr Young.

Cllr Pickard reported about the tenders that had been received for the proposed works.

Cllr Pickard briefly explained about the funding to date and contact made with various bodies.

 

Finance Report led by Cllr Pickard                       

The following bills for payment were approved by Cllr Wright, seconded by Cllr Pickard.      

W M Nairn – Sow n Sow – flower bed maintenance                       £  180.00

SLCC – VAT course for Cllr Pickard and Liz Folley                         £  180.00

Risborough Service – Village centre mini bus                              £1028.40*

Jeff Miles – WFCH flooring                                                        £1847.50

All Jobs – WFCH hand rails and new litter bins in village               £  627.80

Post Office – CIR                                                                    £1599.61

OCC Pension Fund                                                                  £1652.61

Grundon Waste – empty waste wheelers                                    £    77.21

British Gas – DD – 30-9-13 to 31-12-13 gas usage                     £  343.88

Tesco Mobile – DD - Trevor and John mobile                              £    22.26

BES – DD - Office Gas – December 2013                                    £  141.75

Bulk Payment – DD- Salaries                                                    £5580.17

Arval Fuel – DD – 16-12-13 to 26-12-13                                     £  122.62

*Cllr Haywood proposed that the Village Centre mini bus be paid for via the Community bus account and the shortfall from the general Village Centre account. Seconded by Cllr Williams.

2. The budget update was proposed by Cllr Young, seconded by Cllr Wright. All in favour.

3. The payments from Petty Cash & Imprest were proposed by Cllr Pickard, seconded by Cllr Scarborough. All in favour.

4. The bank reconciliation was proposed for approval by Cllr Williams, seconded by Cllr Haywood. All in favour.

5. The precept request for 2014-2015 of £263,321.00 was proposed by Cllr Wright, seconded by Cllr Haywood. All in favour.

It was agreed to set up an new account code for office equipment fund - 5k to be transferred from fencing fund for this purpose. Proposed by Cllr Wright, seconded by Cllr Scarborough.

6. To confirm end of year costs (£460.00 plus mileage) with Rialtas. Proposed by Cllr Wright, seconded by Cllr Haywood. All in favour.

7. Cost of a carpet cleaner for WFCH was discussed – comparative costs to be looked into with hiring and a monthly contract to be looked into.                                       

 

Planning led by Cllr Wright                        

Planning applications were considered:   

P13/S2660/FUL Amended Plans – Arboricultural Method Statement– for info only. Silvanus, Chinnor Hill. Noted.

P13/S3920/LDP Certificate of Lawful Development Erection of wooden building to provide workshop for Chinnor Windmill Restoration Group at Whites Field, Mill Lane. Recommendation: Approval

P13/S3949/HH Erection of an orangery at 26 Lower Icknield Way.  Recommendation: Approval

Planning Approvals: B13.1362/S Building Control Service – Full Plans Approval with Conditions – Sports and Social Club, Station Road.

Withdrawn Applications:  P13/S3280/FUL Erection of detached two storey two bed dwelling adjacent to existing property and formation of parking at 12 Lower Road.

Community Governance Review: Email from the Chairman of Crowell was discussed. The Clerk to reply to the email to explain the reasoning and apologise for the lack of direct contact.

 

Taylor Wimpey (TW) Letter re variation of conditions P93/N0288.

2 letters of objection were noted.

D/Cllr Lloyd reported on the Old Kiln Lakes Interim Development Order (IDO) which she has been working on since she was elected. D/Cllr Lloyd has been working hard to collate information. Meetings have been held since July 2012 regarding the progress of the activities required by the IDO and the assignment of the management company – funded by the section of the S106 monies for the area.  

One of the major issues for delay in the progress of this IDO is the difficulties in securing and agreeing a company, suitable to deal with the long term management of the areas identified in the IDO. Until a suitable management company is found TW will have to continue paying for security.

In November 2013 a meeting was held to discuss the issues that were delaying the scheduled work for the IDO.  An extension to the IDO was identified as essential to ensure completion of the actions agreed, during the initial planning process.  

A meeting was held by TW and a potential Management Company in mid January.  The next step will be for this organisation to present its plan for the management of the areas in the IDO for the periods agreed (5 & 10 years) to Oxford County (OCC) and South Oxford District Council (SODC) Officers.  Once agreed then the hand over process can begin.                            

On the 9th January TW, OCC plus their consultant ecologist, SODC and Chiltern Conservation Board (CCB) discussed the plans for the development of the chalk grass land and the most suitable types of trees for the woodland areas surrounding the site. Some of the grassland, where the rare orchids are located, were considered to be naturally developing well, but it was suggested that some of the larger grassland areas, where most footfall is expected in the future, will  require assistance to develop and may be better managed in the future with some grazing. Some suggested changes relating to planting in both of these areas were suggested following these discussions. 

Amendments to the original paths were discussed, both on the chalk grass area, near to and round the football and play areas and those leading down to and surrounding the small lake.  Other areas discussed were the link to the Ridgeway and a circular route being made possible.  These are to be presented by TW for review by OCC & SODC.  TW said that they would include any required planning for the Football and Play Areas in their applications. This was discussed and concerns were raised by the Chinnor Parish Council on the time this may take as these facilities are needed urgently. D Cllr Lloyd will be looking for one of the ecological groups involved, or the management group, to assist in putting together information on the site and its unique features and ongoing development for the residents of Chinnor.  Discussions on the future of the lakes and how they can be enjoyed by the public are taking place.

D/Cllr Lloyd reported that the piece of land has been allocated to Chinnor Parish Council but still needs to be officially transferred – D/Cllr Lloyd to chase the paperwork expected by our Solicitor.

D/Cllr Lloyd will chase for the tarmac quote.

Cllr Haywood thanked D/Cllr Lloyd for all the hard work in this issue.

 

A resident enquired about the kiln and the timescale for the full renovations – to be chased.

The Council approved the extension request – proposed by Cllr Lloyd, seconded by Cllr Williams.

                                                                                     

 

Verbal Reports and Feedback                                

D/Cllr Lloyd reported on recent meetings at SODC and the Fusion process in Culham.

D/Cllr Lloyd has attended Licensing committee which is sending out a consultation.

D/Cllr Lloyd reported that there has been no further information to date regarding housing allocations numbers – expected soon and will be reported when figures are announced.

D/Cllr Lloyd to report directly to a concerned resident on electricity costs for the area.

D/Cllr Lloyd reported on local flooding issues – Henton have had several site visits and culverts being cleared regularly. A further meeting is planned this week to ensure this doesn't happen again

                       

                                   

6.      Clerks Report – not needing decisions             

1. Newsletter – draft newsletter being designed now for early March distribution – not via pump.

2. Review of complaints procedure - 10th February – 7pm.

3. Annual Assembly – 31-3-14 – to promote the Councils ongoing projects in the Village Centre.

4. Whites Field open morning – 12th March – 12 noon to 2pm – budget to be agreed.

5. St Andrews School visit – 12th February – Cllr Williams and Pickard to do presentation.

6. Certificate of Lawful Development for machinery store has been received.        

7. Complaint letter received regarding tender process for proposed new pavilion. Reply approved.   

 

                                               

CHAIRMAN

pdf icon

Download PDF

( 34KB ) pdf icon