Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 20th May 2013
PRESENT: Cllrs. Ambridge, Haywood (in the chair), Higgs, Lloyd, Mantle, Marlow, Pickard, Scarborough, Williams.
Public Question time: Cllr Haywood welcomed two members of the public. Cllr Haywood welcomed three members of the Windmill Committee
Cllr Ambridge introduced the Windmill members who are working hard to complete the windmill. All members were introduced to the Councillors present. Cllr Williams asked about potential grant amounts required to complete the project to a suitable stage – approx £30,000.00 would be needed in grants. Cllr Pickard asked about funding to date – in 1990's some grants were awarded but nothing since – funds currently gained through Open Days type events. Mrs Anne Gordon has offered to apply for grants and assist with the admin. The project is being completed in short term steps so to enable funding bodies. Cllr Scarborough suggested more advertising to spread the word. The Open Day introduced two new members to the working group. The Clerk asked about the Insurance value of the windmill –as it is proving difficult to obtain quotes. Clerk to contact Society for Protection of Ancient Buildings regarding Insurance. The committee were thanked for their work on the risk assessment. It was noted that The updated Windmill booklets are now on sale.
Cllr Haywood thanked all the committee for their dedication over the years on the windmill.
Apologies: Cllr Wright, Cllr Bird, Cllr Fowler, Cllr YoungDeclaration of Pecuniary Interest & Dispensations:
Cllr Williams – Planning section: P13/S1342 – applicant is an acquaintance
Cllr Scarborough – WFCH renovations quote – acquaintance
Minutes of previous meeting
13-05-13 Full Council Meeting signed by Cllr Haywood.
13-05-13 Annual Council Meeting signed by Cllr Haywood.
Planning led by Cllr Williams
The following planning applications were considered:
P13/S0485/HH Amendment Demolition of existing rear extension and erection of new rear single storey extension at 18 High Street. Resident present and letters of approval from a neighbour were considered. Recommendation: Approval
P13/S1235/FUL Proposed new arena with all weather surface at Gracelands, Crowell Hill. Recommendation: Approval
P13/S1238/FUL Change of use from office to 2 x residential units at 32a Station Road. Recommendation: Refusal: parking concerns and change of use (loss of amenity)
P13/S1342/HH Demolition of existing flat roof extension. Erection of a single storey extension with pitched roof at 20 Golden Hills. Recommendation: Approval
Planning Decisions were noted:
P13/S0601/FUL Demolition of existing bungalow and erection of a replacement 1.5 Storey chalet bungalow at 9 Church Lane.
Cllr Pickard and Cllr Wrights report on distribution of 1154 homes was discussed.
The housing allocation was accepted by the Council. Secondary schooling was discussed. Space in Primary school also a concern. Health concerns including doctors and dentists. Cllr Pickard to add items to the response.
A working group to be formed to meet Beryl Guiver at the next Full Council meeting.
Request for Temporary Road Closure – 13th July – all approved.
Environment led by Cllr Mantle
Play area reports and checks – nothing to note.Update was given by Cllr Mantle regarding Electricity Works in Hill Road – a 3 metre squaresub-station, sealed unit, is required to be fitted permanently with underground connections. £5000.00 for a 99 year lease was the offered amount from UK Power network. Any trees would be replaced plus screening. Cllr Pickard proposed the substation does not go on the village green – seconded by Cllr Scarborough. Vote: 4 against the siting on the village green,
1 for the siting of it on the village green, 3 abstained.
Estover Way update was given by Cllr Mantle. Cllr Mantle is required to put a proposal together for a future budget for extra planting. Cllr Higgs proposed a budget be set for 2 crab apple trees of a maximum of £50, seconded by Cllr Pickard, all in favour.
Finance Report led by Cllr Pickard
1. Bills for payment for were approved:
Arval Fuel – 3-5-13 to 9-5-13 £ 94.85
Bulk Payment – salaries £5253.72
Thames Water – S&SC 19-2-13 to 8-5-13 £ 150.00
Thames Water –WFCH 19-2-13 to 8-5-13 £ 107.56
BES – Electricity in PC office 15-4-13 to 15-5-13 £ 40.80
AVV Solutions – 2 x war memorial clean and 1 x bus shelter £3642.00
SASA – Carnival programme £ 25.00
Thames Water – Cricket club 15-2-13 to 13-5-13 £ 9.26
Thames Water – Office 19-2-13 to 8-5-13 £ 25.44
PCMS – Design charges £3888.00
Post Office – CIR £1411.00
OCC Pension Fund £1564.03
The following invoice was not approved for payment at this time:
John Moore Heritage – Playing Fields £ 652.80
2. Cllr Williams proposed to approve the Annual Internal Audit, seconded by Cllr Higgs.
3. The Council considered each of the Annual Statements – Cllr Pickard proposed the governance statements were accepted, seconded by Cllr Higgs. All in favour.
4. Cllr Haywood signed BDO paperwork for external audit 2012-2013.
5 WFCH renovations quotes were discussed. Cllr Higgs proposed All Jobs quote (Mr Martin Richardson), seconded by Cllr Marlow. Vote – 8 in favour, 1 abstained.
6. WFCH kitchen quotes were discussed. It was agreed to accept the best quote once more funding is secured. Proposed by Cllr Ambridge, seconded by Cllr Williams. All in favour.
7. Machinery store quotes were discussed. A wooden structure was preferred – security concerns were discussed. The Clerk to progress with a wooden structure full quote and drawings. Proposed by Cllr Haywood, seconded by Cllr Marlow. All in favour.
8. Defribulator – a donation of £14 per hour for room hire was agreed for the initial meeting. Proposed by Cllr Haywood, seconded by Cllr Lloyd. All in favour.
9. Date for Grants meeting was agreed for 10th June – 7pm in the office.
11. Insurance cover for windmill – clerk to make further investigations.
10. Clarification of Insurance info - Cllr Ambridge proposed to accept the quote for 1 year, seconded by Cllr Williams.
11. Cllr Pickard proposed to approve the quote from Sow n Sow, seconded by Cllr William
Verbal Reports and Feedback: Councillors outside meetings: to be reported next meeting.
1. Update on Old Kiln Lakes Art Project – meeting progressing well. Many replies received from community questionnaire. Various options to be investigated now. Concerns raised over encouraging more parking in the area – to be taken into consideration on all future plans for art work. Next meeting to be arranged for end of June.
2. Reminder of meeting on 21st May at 4.30pm re MUGA fencing – Cllr Pickard and Bird
10. Clerks Report: 1. Aylesbury Vale letter regarding listing of public houses – Cllr Scarborough to investigate2. A letter regarding Estover Way parking and seating in bus shelter – The Clerk to reply.
Items for next agenda
1. Next meeting date 3rd June 2013 - 7.30pm start
( 34KB )