PRESENT: Cllrs Archer, Ashdown, Edwards, Flint, Gray, Oliver, Ridgley, Standage, Wright, Williams and Young
Staff: Jo Wills, Liz Folley
Also present: C/Cllr Matelot, D/Cllr Lloyd
Minutes of the Meeting of the FULL COUNCIL held via Zoom on Monday 1st June 2020
1. Apologies for absence: Cllr. Minter
2. Declarations of Interest: None
3. Public Question Time: 1 member of the public was present.
The member of the public spoke regarding the recent village issues with visitors attending Old Kiln Lakes and the Chinnor quarry. Disappointment was expressed over the delayed Police presence. Details of cars being parked illegally, verbal abuse and anti-social behaviour were all noted.
4. County Councillor and District Council Reports
District Councillor Lynn Lloyd and Ian White – on the website and in the minutes file.
County Councillor Jeanette Matelot – in the minutes file.
5. Minutes of the last meeting: 4th May 2020.
Proposed by Cllr Flint, seconded by Cllr Ashdown. All in favour.
6. Minutes of Committees: To note the minutes and consider any recommendation arising from the following committee meetings:
a) Planning Committee held on 11th May 2020
b) Finance and General Purposes Committee held on 18th May 2020
- Cllr Wright proposed to continue the annual subscription to CPRE at a rate of £36.00 PA, seconded by Cllr Archer. All in favour.
- Refurbishment of Whites Field Community Hall – concerns raised over the asset committee not reviewing this document prior to Full Council. No decision made until further discussions are concluded.
- Allotment fence works quotes – awaiting more quotes until a decision can be made.
- August marquee – Cllr Wright proposed to postpone until 2021 so all of 2020 events in the marquee are cancelled, seconded by Cllr Edwards.
Vote – 11 in favour, Cllr Archer abstained.
- Communications – proposal from Cllr Minter still not received.
7. Councillor Vacancy: Two applications for co-option
Cllr Archer proposed to delay co-option decision until the crisis is over and the applicants can be met. Seconded by Cllr Edwards. Vote – 11 in favour, Cllr Ridgley abstained.
8.1 Chinnor War Memorial – stonemason work required – 1 quote received – awaiting two more – to be discussed again at a Finance meeting. Grants to be looked into.
8.2 Old Kiln Lakes – communications from concerned residents were discussed. TVP has arranged a full meeting with various groups and authorities to agree a way forward.
CPC has issues a statement thanking everyone for their hard work over this period.
8.3 Cllr Wright proposed to accept the quote for paint and decorate PC office whilst closed to the public. Seconded by Cllr Ridgley. Vote – 11 in favour, Cllr Flint abstained.
9.1 Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy – Cllr Standage and Cllr Ashdown to complete policy and forward to all for approval at the next Full Council meeting.
10. End of Year Accounts
10.1 Cllr Archer proposed to approve Annual Accounts and Annual Governance Statement 2019/20, seconded by Cllr Ashdown. Vote – all in favour.
10.2 Cllr Wright proposed to approve the Annual Statements from AGAR, seconded by Cllr Archer. Vote – all in favour.
10.3 Cllr Archer proposed to approve the report on Internal Audit completion, seconded by Cllr Wright. Vote – all in favour.
Congratulations were given to Liz Folley, Clerk and RFO, in completing all of the audits.
11.1 Covid-19 and Parish response to crisis – update was given from The Clerk:
The planned office re-opening is scheduled for 6th July – in line with Pavilion opening – all being well and with the government data approval.
All CPC staff working, albeit from different locations.
Acknowledgments from the Lord Lieutenant and High Sheriff have been shared with all SF and volunteers from the GNS.
Youth club scheduled to reopen in September – management meeting needed to discuss.
SODC Volunteer week is this week – information from our SF and volunteers, videos all passed to them for inclusion on social media.
Windmill café scheduled to reopen for takeaway and outside seating on 4th July.
Play areas, fitness equipment and MUGA still closed for the foreseeable future.
11.2 Cllr Williams reported on Bledlow waste centre – progressing slowly. Finances in place and preferred contractor has been agreed. More news after 16th June 2020.
Chairman __________________________________________ Dated _______________________
( 34KB )