PRESENT: Cllrs Archer, Ashdown, Edwards, Flint, Gray, Minter, Oliver, Ridgley, Standage, Wright and Williams (Chairman)
Staff: Jo Wills, Liz Folley
Also attended: D/Cllr Lloyd
Minutes of the Meeting of the FULL COUNCIL MEETING via Zoom on Monday 6th July 2020
1. Apologies for absence: Cllr Young
2. Declarations of Interest: None
3. Public Question Time: 1 member of the public was present representing CYFC regarding the banner they wish to erect at the entrance of Whites Field. Cllr Williams requested they send the revised version to The Clerk so Councillors can add any comments and then a final decision can be made at the Amenities Committee on 27th July 2020.
4. County Councillor and District Council Reports
Report from District Councillor Lynn Lloyd and Ian White was noted and is on the website.
Report from County Councillor Jeanette Matelot was noted.
5. Minutes of the last meeting: 1st June 2020.
Cllr Flint proposed to accept the minutes as an accurate account of the meeting. Seconded by Cllr Gray. All in favour.
6. Minutes of Committees: The minutes from the following committee meetings were noted.
a) Planning Committee held on 8th June 2020
b) Finance and General Purposes Committee held on 15th June 2020
c) Amenities Committee held on 22nd June 2020
d) Notes from Assets working group held on 29th June 2020
• Cllr Williams proposed to adopt the report from Cllr Flint and accept option two for works on Hill Road Recreation building and option three for works on Whites Field Community Hall. Seconded by Cllr Edwards. All in favour.
e) Notes from HR meeting held on 1st July 2020
• Cllr Williams and Cllr Flint reported that the CPC office to remain closed at present and will be reviewed as the Government guidelines are announced.
The office staff to continue working from home.
The maintenance staff to continue working separately.
7.1 Chinnor War Memorial – Cllr Williams proposed to accept the quote from Surmans Stone Masons for the re-enamelling of the lettering on the Chinnor Memorial. Quote was £1565.00 plus VAT. Seconded by Cllr Ridgley. All in favour.
7.2 Defibrillator proposal from Fiona Mantle was discussed – Following extensive conversation Cllr Wright proposed that an element of the Community Safety budget be allocated to new defib units in the Parish. Priority for 1 unit being Old Kiln Lakes. Seconded by Cllr Flint. All in favour. Further discussions on this topic will be held at the F&GP committee meetings.
7.3 Request for permanent trailer space for Kebab van in Chinnor for trading 6 nights a weeks was discussed. Cllr Edwards proposed to not allow this in areas owned and maintained by CPC, seconded by Cllr Wright. Vote: 5 in favour of proposal, 3 against and 4 abstained.
7.4 Councillors agreed to support a celebration type event following ease of lockdown from Covid-19 – when the times is right and safe for all to attend.
7.5 Update from SSEN – electrical supply faults in the Parish. Noted.
7.6 Code of conduct consultation – all to review and HR to meet to discuss CPC response.
7.7 OALC Councillor training via zoom has had a good response and a number of councillors are attending courses.
8.1 Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy – revised version.
Proposed to accept by Cllr Flint, seconded by Cllr Minter. All in favour.
9. Communications – To receive communications as the Clerk may wish to present.
9.1 Covid-19 and Parish response to crisis – update from The Clerk was given:
• Play areas (Conigre, St Andrews and Old Kiln Lakes) are now open with appropriate signage detailing usage.
• MUGA and fitness equipment is now open with appropriate signage detailing usage.
• Whites Windmill café have re-opened for weekend trading in Whites Field Community Hall. All guidance being observed.
• CPC office remains closed.
• The Clerk reported that opening of various outlets went well over the weekend and was all calm and all guidance observed.
9.2 Grants working group to meet at 3pm on 13th July – please review all grant applications this week and submit comments to The Clerk.
Chairman _________________________________ Dated ______________________
( 34KB )