Minutes of the Meeting of the FULL COUNCIL held on Monday 7th October 2019
PRESENT: Cllrs Archer, Ashdown, Edwards, Flint, Gray, Minter, Oliver, Ridgley, Wright, Williams and Young
Staff: Jo Wills, Liz Folley
Also attending: C/Cllr Matelot
Apologies for absence: D/Cllr Lloyd, D/Cllr White, Cllr Standage
Absent without apologies: Cllr Rowton-Lee
Declarations of Interest: None
Public Question Time: No public were present
County Councillors' Reports
To receive report from County Councillor Jeanette Matelot – in minute file.
C/Cllr Matelot went through all issues listed regarding mainly highways concerns / repairs and ongoing matters. No dates given for repair but meetings agreed with various people within OCC to try and progress issues at last.
Minutes of the last meeting: Cllr Williams signed to approve as a correct record the Minutes of the Full Council Meeting held on 2nd September 2019. All in favour.
Minutes of Committees: Minutes from the following meetings were noted:
a) Finance and General Purposes Committee held on 9th September 2019
b) Planning Committee held on 16th September
c) Environment Committee held on 23rd September 2019
Committee terms of reference review
8.1 Following advice from OALC, Cllr Young proposed to remove the item temporary Co-option from all future committee agenda's and committee members only attend the committee meetings and have voting rights. Any Councillor attending committee meetings and are not on the committee are welcome to attend as public. The Terms of Reference for each committee will be amended and approved at the next Full Council meeting, along with the amended Standing Orders. Seconded by Cllr Wright. All in favour.
Annual Governance and Accountability Return for year ending 31 March 2019
9.1 External Audit report and certificate 2018/2019 – matters arising were noted. Thanks given to The Clerk for her ongoing hard work with the accounts.
Outside Reports – in the minute file
10.1 Report from Cllr Williams regarding Bledlow Recycle Centre meeting
10.2 Report from Cllr Archer regarding OALC meetings attended
10.3 Report from Cllr Standage regarding Florence Nightingale AGM
Communications – To receive communications as the Clerk may wish to present.
11.1 Clerks and Council's Direct magazine given to Cllr Ashdown
11.2 Update following recent Youth Club management meeting – it was agreed that the management of the staff should be reviewed with objectives and vision for the club being onsidered
11.3 Update on progress of Neighbourhood Plan given by Cllr Williams – the plan is being reviewed currently by SODC and once completed will be sent to the inspector for approx. 6 weeks. The need for a second referendum is not yet confirmed.
11.4 Meeting with PCSO:
- A crime prevention day to be arranged before Christmas – on a Saturday.
- Parking enforcement powers currently under review.
- Two recent Have your say events were very successful – over a dozen people visited regrading advice and parking mainly.
- Whites Field damage – the offender identified on our CCTV has been interviewed, under caution. No longer living in this area but also being questioned regarding other offences.
- Hillwerke – following identification on CCTV the youth offenders have been questioned and parents involved regarding apple throwing.
- Halloween – PCSO will be on duty all evening – patrolling.
- Whites Field – being patrolled more regularly and any issues dealt with.
- Traffic calming measures – ongoing use of the speed device – more dates planned for speed control in the village.
- Meetings to be arranged with Cubs / scouts / guides etc
- Operation Burglary signs to be removed.
- Request for a more visual presence – suggestion to be considered.
( 34KB )