MINUTES of Full Chinnor Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 13th May 2013
PRESENT: Cllr Bird, Fowler, Haywood (Chair), Higgs, Lloyd, Mantle, Marlow, Pickard, Williams, Young.
Cllr Haywood welcomed and congratulated C/Cllr Wilmshurst as the newly elected County Councillor, alongside Cllr Nick Carter.
C/Cllr Wilmshurst reported that the priority is traffic calming on Station Road at present.
The funding pot for local issues is being discussed again and a final figure will be reported soon.
A meeting with Keith Stenning from OCC Highways will be arranged soon also.
Apologies: Cllr Wright, Cllr Scarborough, AmbridgeDeclaration of Pecuniary Interest & Dispensations
Cllr Pickard – Bills for payment – RB Pickard
Cllr Fowler – Petty Cash Payment for travel expenses.
Public Question time : 5 members of the public were present regarding Henton planning application P13/S1046/FUL. 1 member of the public was present regarding Whites Field Community Hall development.
Planning – Cllr Fowler proposed this section be discussed first on the agenda, seconded by Cllr Mantle. Planning items led by Cllr Bird:
Planning applications were considered :
P13/S1023/HH Erection of ground floor conservatory to the rear of the property at 15 Old Sawmill Place: Recommendation: Approval
P13/S1116/HH Erection of two storey rear extension at 66 Middle Way: Recommendation: Approval
P13/S0986/FUL Use of space for parking a mobile fish and chip van. In progress Monday 5pm to 9pm and would like to extend for Thursday also 5pm to 9pm at Car Park, High Street. Letter of concern was considered: Recommendation: Approval for continue of current agreement of Monday night only 5pm to 9pm. Refusal for extending to Thursday night also for anytime.
P13/S1046/FUL Erection of a detached dwelling with integral double garage, new vehicular access and associated amenity space provision at land adjacent to 4 Old Orchard, Henton. Letters from neighbour were considered. Public present spoke against the application and supporting documents were handed to the Council to read: Recommendation: Refusal – un-neighbourly, not in keeping with the historic environment, the building is too dominant in the landscape.
Details of meeting regarding distribution of 1154 homes – Cllr Pickard report noted.
Cllr Pickard proposed the report is read and discussed at the next meeting.
Minutes of previous meeting
22-04-13 Full Council Meeting approved by Cllr Haywood
23-04-13 Community Project Meeting approved by Cllr Bird
Thames Valley Police Report: Noted
Environment led by Cllr Mantle
1. Play area reports and checks – Cllr Fowler reported on items which need attention.
2. Christmas Lights 2013 – pending quotes before a decision can be made.
3. Electricity Works in Hill Road – a meeting has been arranged to discuss location.
4. Quote for village flower beds - £600.00 plants and labour for village beds to be maintained. This does not include the welcome tubs. Details to be clarified before agreeing.
5. Report on Estover Way was given by Cllr Mantle – planting purchased.
Cllr Pickard thanked the volunteer committee for all their work.
Finance Report led by Cllr Pickard
All bills for payment were proposed by Cllr Bird and seconded by Cllr Young
Credit Card – Tesco and mobile top up £ 32.27
Arval Fuel – Petrol and Diesel from 27-3-13 to 29-4-13 £ 216.31
BES – Office Gas for April £ 84.00
R Mead Skip Hire – Estover Way £ 204.00
Village Centre – Hall Hire for Annual Assembly £ 85.50
Risborough Service – Village Centre mini bus £ 121.07
Premier Tail lifts - Village Centre mini bus £ 198.00
Grundon Waste – waste wheeler collection in April £ 76.85
Blanchfords – equipment; woodfiller, bricks, cement, bark £ 214.42
RB Pickard – WFCH cleaning – April £ 70.00
Andrew Marsden – VAT advice meeting £ 78.40
Helpful Hiring's – hedge trimmer £ 29.11
Marsh Plant – Windmill £1908.00
All Jobs – Install bins, play area roof painting £1056.00
2. Cllr Williams proposed to approve the budget update, seconded by Cllr Fowler
3. Cllr Pickard proposed to approve payments from Petty Cash & Imprest, seconded by Cllr Haywood
4. Cllr Haywood proposed to approve the bank reconciliation, seconded by Cllr Williams
5. Three quotes for WFCH renovations were discussed and reviewed. Building Control Surveyor needs more information which is being dealt with. A meeting to discuss each quote with the working group to be arranged.
6. Three quotes for WFCH kitchen to be reviewed with the working group too.
7. Quote for £600 labour only (plus materials to be ordered on CPC account) on exterior works for the office. Cllr Pickard proposed, seconded by Cllr Fowler.
8. Quote for War Memorial works in Chinnor and Henton – Proposed by Cllr Haywood, seconded by Cllr Marlow. All in favour.
9. Four quotes for machinery store were discussed. A site visit to be arranged to investigate options available at a cost of £150.00 proposed by Cllr Fowler, seconded by Cllr Higgs.
10 Zurich Insurance documents were reviewed and Insurance of the Windmill was discussed – more details of the premium to be obtained.
11. Letter from SASA re Carnival Programme advert – ½ page agreed – proposed by Cllr Pickard, seconded by Cllr Bird.
12. Quote for anti graffiti on OKL shelter proposed by Cllr Fowler, seconded by Cllr Mantle.
Verbal Reports and Feedback
1. Cllr Fowler reported on the Open day of the Community Pool – 5 Councillors attended. The Treasure Hunt was a huge success and raised money for the pool upkeep.
1. OAYP request to use Whites Field Hall in August was discussed. Cllr Fowler proposed it be fully supported, seconded by Cllr Williams. All in favour.
An emailed newsletter using the web site contacts was discussed.Request to attend a meeting on 21st May at 4.30pm re MUGA fencing
Items for next agenda
1. Next meeting date 20th May 2013 - 7.30pm start
Distribution of 1154 homes – report to be discussed
( 34KB )