« Back to Minutes

CHINNOR PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Finance and General Purposes Committee Meeting held on 15th January 2018

 

PRESENT: Cllr Flint, Minter, Young, Standage, Wright, Williams, Haywood (co-option)

Staff: Jo Wills

Apologies: Liz Folley, Cllr Bird

Absent without apologies: Cllr Rowton-Lee

 

Co-option of temporary F&GP Committee members to be agreed:

Cllr Young proposed Cllr Haywood to be co-opted for this meeting, seconded by Cllr Minter.

 

Councillors Declaration of Pecuniary Interest & Dispensations: None

 

Public Question time: Fiona Mantle attended the meeting to discuss the options to prevent the spread of flu in the village. She suggested CPC purchase hand sanitiser for each community building for use by public to stop the spread of germs. Approx costs would be £100.00. Fiona explained it was a preventative measure. Cllr Flint asked if any members had questions for Fiona – no questions were asked at that time.

 

Chinnor Emergency Plan

6.1 Council discussed the purchase of hand sanitiser for community use – following a full discussion it was agreed to ask each community hall / building committee to purchase their own stock of hand sanitiser for public use – CPC have no funds for preventive measures at this time.

6.2 Contingency funds – as mentioned in Emergency Plan – no budget heading for funding in CPC budget – this is held within the general reserves. Need of funding will begin when an emergency is declared.

A paper to be produced on the preferred total figure that can be allocated from general reserves with details of how an emergency meeting would be formed to release funds from general reserves. The Clerk to organise a working group to finalise wording and contact SODC to request a model paper on this issue.

 

Monthly Finance Reports

7.1 Bank Statements as at 31.12.17 proposed by Cllr Wright and seconded by Cllr Young

7.2 Petty Cash – Cash Book December proposed by Cllr Minter and seconded by Cllr Williams

7.3 Budget Update December proposed by Cllr Young and seconded by Cllr Wright

 

Invoices for payment were proposed by Cllr Minter and seconded by Cllr Young

Cllr Williams signed to agree credit card payments.

Thames Valley Police – Q3 funding 4343.25

Microshade – Citrix 133.14

R Pickard – WFCH cleaning for December 55.00

Turney – vehicle parts 66.46

BT – Internet Services 154.80

Lyreco – two felt notice boards 156.00

Allstar Fuel – December 27.81

Allstar Fuel – December 62.22 20

St Andrews School – PAT testing 40.00

AVC – Prudential 150.00

PAYE – Inland Revenue 2339.19

OCC Pension Plan 2356.56

Bulk Payments – Salary 6612.96

Cannon Hygiene – WFCH 158.33

OALC – Liz training date 48.00

Lloyds Bank Credit Card – clear bags, gratuity 100.08   35.00

Tesco Mobile – Trevor phone 7.50

Grundon Waste – wheeler empty 95.71

DF Sales – food waste bags 374.40

 

Quotes for consideration:

9.1 Following details on all photo copier quotes and discussions regarding costs and preferred copiers Cllr Young proposed to order the Ricoh machine from Clarity Copiers over 5 year lease, quarterly invoicing of £102.99 plus VAT with a £15 plus VAT minimum payment for prints per month. The cost savings are substantial from what toner costs currently are. It was agreed to order immediately as approx. 10 days lead time for delivery.

 

Asset Management

10.1 Review from Asset Management Working Group – Cllr Flint to finalise spread sheet with required actions in order of priority. It was noted that the radiator in WFCH needs attention. The Clerk to organise a meeting of the Asset Committee and obtain quotes for priority items which need attention.

The Clerk to contact the Windmill group and organise a date for the Asset group to attend for inspection.

 

Clerks Report

11.1 Grants for NP review may not be available for this financial year. Council will need to consider funding from general reserves if this is not forthcoming. Noted. Cllr Williams reported that this would be discussed at the next NHP meeting.

11.2 Chamber decorating will commence half term week. Cllr Young and Cllr Minter to organise the projector cable and purchase a new longer cable with cable tidy materials prior to 12th February.

11.3 Precept letter was approved – figures to be in order on table.

11.4 The Clerk to arrange a S106/Cil meeting date.

 

 

CHAIRMAN _______________________________________ DATED ___________________

pdf icon

Download PDF

( 34KB ) pdf icon