Minutes of the Meeting of the Planning Committee held on Monday 11th January 2021
PRESENT: Cllr Wright, Williams, Ridgley, Ashdown, Oliver, Archer
Staff: Liz Folley, Jo Wills.
1. Apologies for absence: D/Cllr White
2. Declarations of Interest: None
3. Public Question Time: No public were present
4. To approve the minutes of the Planning Committee dated: 14th December 2020
Proposed by Cllr Williams, seconded by Cllr Ashdown. All in favour.
5. Development Updates
Old Kiln Lakes: No change on land transfer and turning circle issue to date – chasing up removal of bollards and tidy up of area.
OCC road adoption – ongoing.
Bovis development, Lower Icknield Way: Open space still to be completed.
Bloor Homes, Mill Lane: Waiting on dates from UKPN for completion of works before remedial completion by ECL of all other items.
Ongoing items still waiting an answer...
• No specific date for adoption available yet
• Bollards – new wooden ones expected along old junction
• Soft landscape area out the front of no.7 – footpath – Bloor requested to do
• Bollards along shop front – Bloor / OCC to hopefully complete
• Poor state of new pathway being investigated
• Signage on the main road advising of the new community car park
Persimmon Homes, Greenwood Avenue:
Reserved Matters application – approval. Reduced to 116 dwellings.
6. Planning applications to be considered:
See rolling report attached.
SODC are not supplying paper copies now so all must be viewed online prior to the meeting.
Please log onto www.southoxon.gov.uk and type the application reference number in the search box to pull up the plan details.
7. Planning Decisions made by SODC
See rolling report attached.
8.1 P20/S2355/FUL will be considered by the council's planning committee on 13-01-21 – Cllr Archer has completed another written report and is registered to speak.
8.2 To confirm submission of 6 street names for Persimmon Homes development:
• Admiral Way
• Brimstone Road
• Swallowtail Road
• Emperor Way
• Skipper Close
• Fritillary Avenue
9. Highways / Parking / Roads
9.1 Plans for traffic calming on Mill Lane will possibly include a raised table to school entrance, 20mph limit and removal of pinch point – OCC CIL funding of £100,000.00.
More information will be shared as and when received by OCC.
9.2 Traffic calming measures in Chinnor – VAS sign quotes for entrances to Chinnor will be sought. The other calming measures are awaiting quotes and public consultation.
9.3 Controlled parking enforcement meeting was attended by The Clerk, Cllr Williams and Cllr Archer. This scheme is ongoing and details will be shared as they are confirmed.
9.4 Pavement survey and uneven surfaces were discussed – OCC to be involved as there a number of complaints regarding pavement surfaces.
Chairman _______________________________________ Dated_______________________
Download Planning Minutes 110121 PDF
( 307KB )