Chinnor Parish Council are pleased to advise that our small grants window is now open.
In 2020/2021 the Parish Council has agreed a budget for making small grants to local organisations. Maximum amount per grant application per group is £1000.00
Signed and completed application forms and all required additional information must be submitted by 3pm on 30th June 2020.
For a copy of the grants policy and to request a grant application form please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All grant applications will be dealt with by email as the CPC office is currently closed due to Covid-19
Please share this information with all groups / organisations you are aware of in our Parish.
Update on the recent Anti-Social Behaviour at the Chinnor Quarry
Communication between all authorities is now much improved. Two Police Constables met with the CPC Clerk yesterday and confirmed the situation is better controlled.
Graham Davey, our PCSO has also been in touch daily to give an update and thanks to the rain, an expectation of lower numbers today is expected, but they remain on site in case.
Brian Peers from Taylor Wimpey has been to the area with their H&S advisors.
Approx. 20 security guards employed by TW are also on site to keep the area secure.
Again our sincerest thank to all the volunteer litter pickers who continue to do an amazing job in keeping the area clean and tidy. I am sure the wildlife is also much safer for your amazing actions. CPC and Biffa continue to collect all the bags of waste left by the bus shelter, near the train station.
For your health and safety the play area remains closed and is checked daily by the CPC staff.
Taylor Wimpey will be setting up a direct contact number for reporting issues – as soon as we have these details we will let you know.
The recycle centre area remains closed during this current crisis.
The charities do not have capacity to collect any items for storage and the crews are limited.
Please do not put any items in this area.
CCTV is in place and very sadly one prosecution is currently progressing as the signage / fencing and barriers were all ignored and items left by an offender.
Please be respectful to all involved and do not leave items here. Thank you
Oxfordshire Libraries Online
Please find attached details of the service offered by Oxfordshire Libraries online service.
Following the Prime Minister's recent announcements regarding the 'outline roadmap' for leaving lockdown, Oxfordshire County Council is now looking at ways to re-open services, including libraries, that have been forced to suspend or reduce their services following the COVID-19/Coronavirus outbreak. The library service is now actively planning how the re-opening of branches may take place; however this is still at an early stage and will be subject to change as more guidance is received from National Government, our Local Government leadership team and other associated groups including Public Health England.
Please use this list of Essential Services and Delivery / Takeaway services in our Parish during this Isolation / Lockdown period.
Please exercise social distancing rules in all settings at all times.
CHINNOR STREET FRIEND SCHEME
1) The Chinnor Emergency Plan has been active for a while now. It's working as planned. It's a professional document, written by professionals for us to follow.
2) The Street Friends (SF) are coordinated from this Plan and all actions are following the Emergency Plan structure.
3) ALL coordination of SF is coordinated by CPC / Emergency Plan committee and must come through CPC – email@example.com or call 01844 353267
If you need assistance from your SF please be aware of the following...
• If you call your allocated SF to request ESSENTIAL items – they will tell you the day they plan to shop – this is once a week. Most roads have more than one SF and they are in contact with each other so if one cannot help, then another maybe able too.
• If you need the items quicker try to contact one of the other SF they have had a flyer from, or call Good Neighbour Scheme if very urgent and life essential.
• Lloyds Pharmacist - prescriptions can be collected by a SF but please allow plenty of time and notice for all collections.
• Please remember our SF will only be leaving the house for Essential items / Prescription collections once a week, and not a few times every day for a few bits.
• If you see / hear / know of anyone who is struggling please let GNS know asap - 01844 353500
• All of our SF volunteers are told to follow Gov advice – for our own safety and everyone else's. This includes social distancing which is of high importance.
• Advice is changing quickly as this is fast moving – please always follow the advice given.
• If you do not know who your allocated SF is please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01844 353267
Important Numbers and contacts to remember:
CPC landline (diverted to our home offices) 01844 353267
Chinnor Good Neighbour Scheme – 01844 353500